• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Bean question

Ok I have another problem. I am trying to grow beans again like my squash, but seems like everytime I try they get brown necrotic spots then dry up and die. What is it and what can I do about it?

20150609_173706_zpszziykklc.jpg
20150609_173716_zpsswqhp1mn.jpg

20150609_173728_zpsyhyfndvc.jpg

20150609_173744_zpsdyqyx4sk.jpg

I believe these are blue lake said bush but looked like they vined a little. Thanks for any help.

Angie :)

Agree - most likely bacterial. You said you were trying to grow again - are you reusing the same pots? If so, you need to thoroughly clean them before re-use. Not just soap and water, but bleach as well. Some of the bacterial stuff is almost impossible to get rid of, unless you follow a scorched-earth type of regimen.

They are on my porch and maybe get rain splashed thru the screens...otherwise I water them at the soil line. I used a new recycle bin and soil that beans were not grown in previously. A while back I grew some from seed and those were outside and did the same thing. These were bought from HD and did well for a while then pics above. So they are done fore?

Thanks
Angie

Back