• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Burger Royale Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Burger Royale Part 2

June 12 weekend - Stuffed and Slider

• Poll 1 - Stuffed - A stuffed burger may be any protein or blend that has a stuffing or filling at the center. Juicy Lucy, ham and bacon, etc. You can be original with your idea of a stuffed burger, example, a slice of a "fatty" off the smoker on a bun would technically be a stuffed smoked burger.
  • Poll 2 - Slider - A slider is any mini size burger on a slider size bun. Classic or unique, any protein or blend. You must choose one patty style to enter even if presenting a six-pack! So they must all be the same patty, but you can be unique with toppings.
Ant Proteins!

RULES
  • A burger is defined as a ground (any protein) patty that is usually served on a bun, but you can be original with the bread as long as it is on both sides of the patty.
  • 5 PICS MAX in final post! Give us different angles. Bun off, bun on. A killer cooking pic.
  • One "cut down the middle" pic REQUIRED to show all the layers.
  • One burger plated except sliders, no sides.
  • Exact ingredients listed for all breads, grinds, and homemade sauces.
  • Two entries allowed. One per poll category. One final post for each.

PART 2 ENDS SUNDAY 11:59 PM EDT
CLICK: The 5 Rules for an eligible entry
PoL: .55
(PoL only needs to be shown ONCE in a pic with a majority of the ingredients used, or in a presentation pic, preferably not on the plate.)

June 19 weekend - Best Burger
  • This weekend there will be a poll of all 4 winners for Best Burger! No new entries, a poll of the 4 previous winners for the title!
That's 5 crowns!

Dunno if i'll be in, in the meantime i've knead something for my buns (click to expand):

191g of hulled wheat (farro) because it gives good smell at bread (also it satiate more and has less fat than normal flour. The truth is that i just like it).
143g of durum wheat (i thought it would be better for burgers with that)
143g of manitoba (just because it's nice to have gluten to keep things right)
51g of whole flour (a bit is good for the taste and i can easily avoid oil on dough)
370g water
2g frozen beer yeast
10g salt
1g sugar

Mixed yeast, sugar, whole flour and durum wheat, stop for 5 minutes, add rest of flour, knead 5 minutes, sto 15 minutes, knead other 10 minutes.
Rising... From 9pm till when i'll wake up, then balls and other 2 hours of rising i think... Depends on my sleep.

OT: i had some fried pumpkin flowers and zucchini (not cooked by me)... So good. Wonder if i'll have some for burger...

I've yet to buy all the rest and no plans (not a problem since guys here are much much better than me at burgers) probably i'm going to use shittons of garlic and fresh basil. Maybe as stuffing... Maybe i'll be at home just to cook buns, for sure not for the rest.

I've never not been able to buy cabbage before - it keeps like, forever. #cabbagegate
Nice, Essegi ... those look tasty! Nice to see you (possibly) in the mix!
khaleesi kush sliders ...

image.jpg

snoop lion ...

lol.

srzly, wtf am i gonna hack together now? ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back