• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

First Ripe Pods (2015)

My first ripe pods for (2015) also the first ever pepper pods from plants I started from seeds.

It really is a great feeling, getting seeds from fellow THP members and friends and watching them grow and 
start producing pods.

Red Cayenne and Jalapeno Early
2h5jztz.jpg

Purple Jalapeno
2j6ajhj.jpg

Yellow Moruga Scorpion
4ioi7o.jpg

Nice!  Nothing here is close to ripe in my garden.  Like you, most of my peppers are from seeds this year.  Maybe seed to bottle?  Try a sauce? Your first pods look awesome!  I like the Moruga and the Purple Jals.

Jim

my first thick cayenne just started ripening 3 days ago, almost has a full dark shiny red gloom, cant wait another 2-3 days to harvest it and eat it x). those also look good, cant wait for my jalapenos either.

Congrats on your first successful grow from seed. I assume by now you realize how addictive it can be. Good Luck finding room for 72 plants you want to grow next year because to can't decide which new strains you're most excited about! :)  Pods look beautiful!

Tim

Thanks everyone for the kind and encouraging words.  I have eaten the Jala's and the cayenne, and put the Moruga in the freezer until I get enough ripe ones to dry and make powder.  I also plan on making some flakes with the cayenne's.

Tim is right, this does kind of get addictive I'm already thinking about what I want to try next year.

Good luck and good growing
Jimmy

Back