• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

How, How did I miss this when it came out?

Growing up, born in 59, kid through the 60's and a teen in the 79's and learning to play guitar. Learning to play Stairway was like a Right of Passage form beginner to advanced for no matter who you are or what and how good you play you never stop being a student of your instrument. This has to be the BEST cover of Stairway To Heaven ever performed!

Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/LFxOaDeJmXk

RocketMan said:
Growing up, born in 59, kid through the 60's and a teen in the 79's and learning to play guitar. Learning to play Stairway was like a Right of Passage form beginner to advanced for no matter who you are or what and how good you play you never stop being a student of your instrument. This has to be the BEST cover of Stairway To Heaven ever performed!

Enjoy!

They rock.

Pink does them 2nd best =)

Wow!  I don't know how many times I've watched that and it just takes me through the whole rollercoaster of emotions.  Brilliant.  Brilliant Brilliant.  They really do the sonf justice and the arrangement is phenomenal.  Led Zep themselves were astounded.

Man, no kidding, my son came in and was looking at me as I was in TOTAL Sir Guitar mode and jamming out with the ear buds in. So many memories tapped into it.

someguy said:
Ann Wilson nailed it. I've watched three times already.

Man, I watched it 3 or 4 times then watched the Foo Fighters, Kid Rock, Lenny Kravits which also included Ann and Nancy a couple times and Then watch the 2 parts of the whole show :cool:

Not that I'm a big fan or anything :) 

Ok, I am going to be the turd in the punch bowl here. The band was pretty much spot on, but Ann Wilson's vocals were like nails on a chalkboard to me.

My favorite Zep cover of all time, by Great White of all bands:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAerqUwADe8

Back