• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

The Friday thread... tgif

4 more hours to go and I'm free. Happy Friday everyone-  
friday.jpg

FreeportBum said:
I'm gonna hit up the brewery tonight for a few 10oz pours of Mean old tom on a tin roof, then get crazy with the old lady in the pepper patch  :beer:

I enjoy a espresso martini around here called cat on a hot tin roof, but when I looked it up, it appears there's no standardization of what a cat on a hot tin roof drink will be, LOL ...

Working on a fine espresso martini is in my short term plans, though ... I miss that drink (WFO pizza place closed the location nearest me) ...

grantmichaels said:

Sounds f**king awesome!

Except the 6 hrs part, that part is not awesome, I guess ...

It sucks...it has turned into feast or famine...either we are swamped or we are dead. 
SmokenFire said:
Tonight is for beer can chicken and moscow mules.  Then I might stumble into teamspeak for some video gaming.

Last time I was in Chicago, a couple of my salesman took me to Tavern on Rush....best Moscow mules I have had.  

tctenten said:
Last time I was in Chicago, a couple of my salesman took me to Tavern on Rush....best Moscow mules I have had.  

Tavern on Rush is a classy place.  Let me know the next time you're in town - we'll go to some dive bars that aren't so classy but still make a great drink.  ;)

grantmichaels said:
Surprised ... would not have guessed you were a gamer! ...

I'm a huge gamer nerd - fps mostly - but will still get down with some MMOs from time to time.  Right now I'm still crushing pretty hard on Nosgoth but that Wicher 3 game is calling me.  

SmokenFire said:

I'm a huge gamer nerd - fps mostly - but will still get down with some MMOs from time to time.  Right now I'm still crushing pretty hard on Nosgoth but that Wicher 3 game is calling me.  

No clue, I've never played them ;) ...

The only gave I ever got sucked into was playing Civ w/ Danielle ...

I mean, when I was young, I played NES ... and SNES ... but I never got N64 in playing video games ...

Years later I bought an XBOX, but of course I mod'd it and deployed it as a media server primarily ...

I like Tempest, Galaga, and Super Breakout, LOL ...

grantmichaels said:

I enjoy a espresso martini around here called cat on a hot tin roof, but when I looked it up, it appears there's no standardization of what a cat on a hot tin roof drink will be, LOL ...

Working on a fine espresso martini is in my short term plans, though ... I miss that drink (WFO pizza place closed the location nearest me) ...
cat on a hot tin roof was a good movie with paul newman and elizabeth taylor, I have it in my movie collection.   when I say on a tin roof I'm talking on the house  :beer:
friday2.jpg

grantmichaels said:

No clue, I've never played them ;) ...

The only gave I ever got sucked into was playing Civ w/ Danielle ...

I mean, when I was young, I played NES ... and SNES ... but I never got N64 in playing video games ...

Years later I bought an XBOX, but of course I mod'd it and deployed it as a media server primarily ...

I like Tempest, Galaga, and Super Breakout, LOL ...
Love me some Civ - I usually play that in the winter for whatever reason. Ahhh... Yes nothing to do in a snow storm for 16hrs :lol:

Back