• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Hell's chilli grow

Hey guys, recently i started up a DWC set up for the Carolina reaper, atm i have 2 running in the DWC and 1 in soil, and i also have a ghost pepper growing in the back and seeing how she goes :) Im pretty new to the hydro systems so any help would be great, so far its been going well i think this is the 3rd week running, im using a chilli nutrient and setting the ph levels correctly and thats about it!

Where it started haha..
DslLJFp.jpg

week 2
nCgct6H.jpg

week 3
1vxBBYh.jpg

nutrient that im using at the moment
Df2n3E5.jpg

Decided to add another lil guy to the dwc, ive just had him in a mini green house for a few weeks and he looks pretty healthy and has a few leaves for a small plant its a reaper also :)
WHBaeSl.jpg

One of the reapers seems to have some strange spots on the leaves..not concerned atm because it still looks really alive and healthy
DvAVp8F.jpg

A ghost pepper plant i bought he was a bit bigger but due to the over head light somehow falling on it and i had to trim it down due to burning it :/ its got a split down the main stalk but seems to not die or stop growing? strange haha hes been feeding of the same nutrient also as these others, and im seeing tiny flower shoots happening so im pretty excited
vkaJ9n3.jpg

Tent upgrade! huge tent compared to the mini one :P
WRfCms8.jpg

Then decided to get a mini heater and up the themp a bit, but i accidentally went ham with the temperature and left it on way too long and hot and then the plants became like this :/ (the current temp shown was AFTER i turned the heater off and was monitoring the temp) before it was probably over 40 degrees :/ silly mistake... i hope they recover, they are slowly recovering :(
ys5RSFF.jpg

few update pics, the nutrient burnt reaper on the right has got slot of new life comming through, ive been using a new general hydroponics nutrient blend and ive got to say its making the plants grow super fast and the roots are going crazy hugeee! a few days since the nutrient change i saw a big difference all the plants are looking super happy and i even added a few more plants in pots!

Ptryb7Q.jpg

Ghost pepper plant has started flowering also, been giving it good nutrients since i bought it and a huge difference in change
bTmDb7E.jpg

9TMcqwF.jpg

1 week later super explosive growth and lots of flowering!?? one reaper in the DWC has auto flowered and its not even that old and im not even running a grow light or grow cycle yet :D

n14eb7g.jpg

ch6LnX6.jpg

D7bnESG.jpg

super bushy, ive been topping up the resviours very often now, and i cant wait to see a reaper pod for the first time

dont worry about the floppy looking plants they are in the lights off cycle atm haha

what do you guys think? should i give the bottoms a bit of a trim up so the top grows out like a nice bushy tree? because atm they are SUPER jungle spec so any tips would be great :)

Blister said:
Looking great so far. Funny how quickly things go from a simple setup to lights, a tent and a full on hydro system huh!?

Neil
thanks man, yea it does! i started from super basic then i just wanted to make it better and better and now im super happy with the setup:)

UPDATE!

ive managed to get some geniune reaper this time, the ones before from a few years ago were obviously not, so ive still got my 3 month on moruga scorpion which has insane roots! and 2 new reapers a few weeks old :)
also ive managed to find some weird white miniture beetle thing that seems to be spreading some powdery crap all allover my ghost pepper plant and its not looking the best because of it.. mabey some help to identify it? thanks :D

M29YGJf.jpg

pucesFK.jpg

CYankQh.jpg

37Uli1j.jpg

47pixeJ.jpg

and the bug!
I80pXdf.jpg

ive set up a soil grow in the back yard :D got 5 trini scorps, 1 ghost, and 1 red nalagh i think, ive got more seeds to plant in the remaining spots but so far this is what it looks like, can any one recommend what to add to the soil? such as fertilizer mulch ect ect?

ODa27U6.jpg

almost a month in and they are looking pretty good, bit of burn on a few leaves and some pest marks but so far so good, ive replaced a few plants also, been feeding them with power grow and water and it seems to be doing well :)

yLliK5C.jpg

also my dad and have a small piece of the ghost pepper you see there and holy hell...

all the plants recovered really well! very green and healthy looking, some are growing so huge and are towering over the smaller ones, not sure if i should prune them a bit or just leave them any ideas?

I got a pod of each big plant the trinidad scorp and moruga scorp, now theres alot more growing one one of them which is cool, havent had any pods grow until a few weeks ago and the heat is INSANE from the scorpions.

buaQgp4.jpg

VmB31Yr.jpg

X3ja45t.jpg

iRls9ML.jpg

Wow man! Just wow, plants are looking awesome, loving your setups, especially the outdoor one since i m not into hydro.
But your plants seem to have a perfect balance soil/water/nutes.
Great job and keep posting pics, please!

Trimis de pe al meu SM-G920F folosind Tapatalk

thanks man, the hydro is scrapped so im doing the soil grow now :) its funny you say that because all i use for the plants in the power feed once a week and water every few days :D and i also just added epson salts so ill see how that goes in  a few days/weeks

Back