• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

These peppers are starting White/Yellow... any help?

These were supposed to be Sweet Cherry Peppers, the only reason I'm questioning what they are is because of their color. I have NEVER seen a pepper start out ANY color other than green.... These are starting out yellow, or would you call this white? Made me think, nutrient problem? Lack of nitrogen? I have 11 buckets with peppers and tomatoes, all of them are doing great, all being fed the same food. The other pepper plant in the bucket with the sweet cherry peppers is an Italian Marconi Golden plant, it's looking great, nice green leaves, nice green peppers. So any ideas? Do sweet cherry peppers start out yellow/white? 

7ajTp5m.jpg

8hkaGeh.jpg

-------- UPDATE --------
--------- Well, I may have answered my own question after looking at my receipt on Amazon... The place I ordered these from labeled it as "Pepper, Red Sweet Cherry seeds, Heirloom, Organic, NON-GMO, (20+seeds), Large Red Cherry Sweet pepper is a Sweet round pepper resembling a cherry". Anyways, I scrolled down the page and found another seller who is selling sweet cherry peppers and in their description they put "Red pepper seeds are colored red, while yellow pepper seeds are natural so you can be sure which one you are sowing."...

So I'm assuming at this point that the seller I bought from mixed the seeds up and possibly gave me seeds for white/yellow sweet cherry peppers....  Would you guys assume the same?

Well, I agree you didn't get cherry peppers. Weird that the seller is somehow (marker?) coloring the seeds. Who the heck knows one chile plant seed from another, other than pubescens? A lot of baccatuums start out that pale yellow color before going to orange or a brighter yellow, but the plant has a typical annuum growth habit right now. It will be interesting to see what their final color is.

I once got a, "Hungarian wax" pepper that started yellow.  Looked just like yours.  Ended up almost a ghostly pale cream color.   I think it was some sort of cross and closest to a sweet banana more than anything..

The problem is seeds from Amazon unfortunately. Like Ebay its a good place to get ripped off...

I doubt its what they advertized it as being. Having saved seeds myself, sometimes thats on accident. Its easy to mix stuff up... But i would recomend your future purchases come from Pepperlover, pepper joe, puckerbutt, or some of the other more reputable sites (check the apropriate subforum, there is a listing of the good the bad and the ugly on everyone there). Or better still, just trade for seeds here.

Best I can tell you is that its probably a C. Annuum which ruled out my first guess based on pod shape (White bullet hab).

2 years ago I bought a bunch of seeds off Amazon and didn't check where they were coming from. All the seeds from Singapore turned out to be junk... So this year I made sure to buy from US sellers with high ratings... All my other seeds have grown true, it's just this one pack... Oh well, I'll make sure to order my seeds from more trusted vendors. I'll post pics as the weeks go along... 

Ok, here's new pics, 10 days after previous pictures. They definitely do not seem to be large peppers, the largest here is around the size of a quarter, maybe a tad larger. I picked one off earlier in the week, and it is pretty spicy, too early to get serious heat though.

bvadjnK.jpg

dSZSON3.jpg

geeme said:
Well, I agree you didn't get cherry peppers. Weird that the seller is somehow (marker?) coloring the seeds. Who the heck knows one chile plant seed from another, other than pubescens? A lot of baccatuums start out that pale yellow color before going to orange or a brighter yellow, but the plant has a typical annuum growth habit right now. It will be interesting to see what their final color is.
agree 100x with all the above, except i wouldnt say for sure theyre not what theyre ment to be.  aji cristals start the same color, turn whitish, then yellow then orange finally red. 

http://www.growingpeppers.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Sweet-cherry-Peppers.jpg same shape anyway.

Back