• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

The war on drones

Someone got drunk and landed a remote control aircraft on the white house lawn. So now they are making anti drone laws, some of which might effect things like model airplanes.  Millions of dollars are being spent to write and enact these laws.  I have a better idea.

You get a bunch of good ol boys from KY on the roof of the white house.  Give em some shot guns and tell them they are playing drone skeet.  Problem solved.  All it will cost is some cheap American bier.

$(KGrHqJ,!nwFIJfuVM1eBSKe-JZ70g~~60_35.JPG

i saw a video of a man who attached a handgun to a drone. that doesn't seem like it could go in the right direction. On the other hand, i saw a video of a man attaching 2 roman candles to his drone and attacked his friends with it. that seemed hilarious and a great idea haha

The first video, the one by FPSRussia is a hoot.  Hope folk realize that is 100% clowning.  The gun is a chopped up AR15 upper receiver looking thing from an airsoft toy with a hose coming out the back.  The guy was born in Georgia.  Not Russian and started his fame with youtube videos just playing around.  Now he has his own video game.  I frigging love him.  The ATF, not so much love for the guy.

On US drone strikes: The volume of civilian deaths and collateral damage compared to the number of targets killed is unreal.  President Obama has argued that the number of civilian deaths would be higher if the targeted and killed individuals were allowed to live.  However, at the point only 41 targets were eliminated while killing 1,147 civilians I lost all respect for the program.

My thinking has returned to my earlier days.  I again believe the single best killing machine the United States has ever produced is a soldier and his rifle.  God bless our military and keep it safe from both the enemy and the politicians.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/nov/24/-sp-us-drone-strikes-kill-1147

A fire the other day was swarmed by people flying drones.
They actually couldn't water drop because of the idiots who wanted to get pics of the cars burning on the freeway etc.
I don't know if it was news people or the public doing you tube crap.
Either way,it severely stalled the water dropping helicopters.
I assume it was mostly not the news people or you'd never have seen it on the news...

Maybe the firefighters need a new Skeet shooting dept. to deal with these idiots flying drones,no matter who is flying them.

smokemaster said:

Maybe the firefighters need a new Skeet shooting dept. to deal with these idiots flying drones,no matter who is flying them.

Already proposed.

ajdrew said:
You get a bunch of good ol boys from KY on the roof of the white house.  Give em some shot guns and tell them they are playing drone skeet.  Problem solved.  All it will cost is some cheap American bier.

Skeet shooting was suggested,BUT nobody I saw posted about the problem,in reality, that happened with fire spreading because they spent PRECIOUS time getting the drone owners to get out of the way.
Fire IS a big problem here-drought etc.

It WAS a BIG deal.
NOT like some idiot flying over the white house.

Several cars were fried and a lot more area was burned due to not being able to drop water at the fires early stage.

I used skeet shooters BECAUSE it was suggested already.

My point was,maybe drones should be considered a threat by fire fighters...
Too many idiots out there who want to post videos,have no clue as to what they caused in damage,probably don't care.

In reality a broad range jammer might work best in the frequencies they run on - at least legally...

I used to fly rc stuff.
Back then there were specific wave lengths or whatever you could use.
A radio transmitter could screw up a lot of peoples control of their toys.
At the time there were people who went to where people flew different rc flying machines just to jam the signals so they could watch a very expensive toy crash and burn.
They are probably evolved to trolls on the net now or hackers. LOL

Sorry you didn't get what I thought was the most important part of my post- what I thought people would see/read as most important - fire fighting water drops not being able to be used because of drones.

Shooting drones wasn't the message,getting in the way of needed water drops was what concerned me.
But I guess I was wrong.
Only 3/4 of my post was about drones being miss used.
You only read the last sentence I'd guess.

smokemaster said:
Skeet shooting was suggested,BUT nobody I saw posted about the problem,in reality, that happened with fire spreading because they spent PRECIOUS time getting the drone owners to get out of the way.
Fire IS a big problem here-drought etc.

It WAS a BIG deal.
NOT like some idiot flying over the white house.

Several cars were fried and a lot more area was burned due to not being able to drop water at the fires early stage.

I used skeet shooters BECAUSE it was suggested already.

My point was,maybe drones should be considered a threat by fire fighters...
Too many idiots out there who want to post videos,have no clue as to what they caused in damage,probably don't care.

In reality a broad range jammer might work best in the frequencies they run on - at least legally...

I used to fly rc stuff.
Back then there were specific wave lengths or whatever you could use.
A radio transmitter could screw up a lot of peoples control of their toys.
At the time there were people who went to where people flew different rc flying machines just to jam the signals so they could watch a very expensive toy crash and burn.
They are probably evolved to trolls on the net now or hackers. LOL

Sorry you didn't get what I thought was the most important part of my post- what I thought people would see/read as most important - fire fighting water drops not being able to be used because of drones.

Shooting drones wasn't the message,getting in the way of needed water drops was what concerned me.
But I guess I was wrong.
Only 3/4 of my post was about drones being miss used.
You only read the last sentence I'd guess.

I know. I was just saying that you suggested dealing with drones like a skeet shoot after ajdrew did.

I just saw on the local news (min. ago) , that they are proposing new regs. on drones in areas (I don't remember the exact words) that interfere with emergency stuff.
$5000.00 fines,disabling drones (I guess wi fi has something to do with the video feeds-jamming it),and as I suggested dissabling them,messing with rc or whatever control...
It is state stuff.Not fed. so far.
Really sad to see idiots make laws have to be made due to idiots.
Might regulate the guys who are just into drones as a hobby not being able to fly stuff except in certain areas.

When I was a kid,I flew Rc stuff and drove rc cars,I then got into model Rockets.
It was only allowed at certain places WITH a Permit from the fire dept.
Then it became legal (early 70's)in most parks for a while,as long as the area you launched at was a certain size.
People abused it and places that were cool to launch at locally were individually closed down for model rockets,
I see the same thing happening to Drones.
I guess Too many people think screwing up is their right or something.
Rant over.
Hope you and others understand what I'm trying to say.
I'm not the best writer around...

grantmichaels said:
I got the impression they want to do a land based,on a fire truck version of your link.
I don't know what drones are controlled by.
I got the impression wifi was the video feed.
But it looks like I'm wrong,they may or may not be controlled by wi fi.
I have no clue...
Either way,like with booze,use it in a responsible way. 
I see/saw drones as a hobby.
Not these days.
Years ago,I went to a LOT of computer fairs.
Saw a LOT of versions of early drones sold for cheap.
I REALLY wanted a drone,as now,I could never afford one.
It would have been a great toy at the time.
Closest I got was a RC helicopter I put a sugar cube camera on that the signal was good for the camera for 100yrds max.
Yup I'm a dinosaur. LOL

I piss people off because the way I write can be taken out of context or?

I do see using drones as OK fordifferent stuff.
The idiots are going to blow it for people that are responsible or whatever,for their use of drones.
I see an invasion of privavey as an issue too.
Drones are going to be a hard row to hoe very soon legally I think.
Mostly due to idiots and possible nasty people that might send one out that blows up or whatever.

Back