• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Starting seeds

If you want a high percentage method without any guesswork on whether you have germinating seeds you need an environment with heat. 85 degrees is good. A damp paper towel and a plastic zip lock sandwich bag. You know in a few days if you have successful germination and you are not waiting for hooks. For large grows I am still looking for that perfect method. I tried root riot plugs this year and thought they were great with the exception I think they might be treated with some form of hormone or steroid as I had multiple plant growth anomalies. And that they are quite expensive. Those issues aside, I would use them from here onnout.

it's a toss up for me. Living where we live its super easy for me to just sow into dirt. In the sping/summer they pop real easy.

During the late fall/winter ( hah! Do we ever Really get it?) I have used the coffee filter and tupperware container method.

I believe everyone at THP has probably tried several different techniques with satisfactory results.I believe good seed stock is more important and then you kind of find your own personal way to start seed.So just whatever fits your immediate needs.I tried the method sirex described with high easy germination and less space than plug trays this year.

I start mine in coco coir pellets. I use a heat mat and a vented dome. Temp around 85 degrees fahrenheit. Most sprout within two weeks but some take as long as a month. If they don't sprout after a month I put them aside and let them dry out for about a week and then try again without putting in new seeds. 

I sowed some Moruga/Brain Strain seed about one-and-a-half weeks ago into a thin layer of cheap soil in a plastic container, added enough water and put the lid on.
Yesterday, I transplanted 15 widdle seedlings into small turf containers filled with soil and watered them.

Dr.Pepper said:
I start mine in coco coir pellets. I use a heat mat and a vented dome. Temp around 85 degrees fahrenheit. Most sprout within two weeks but some take as long as a month. If they don't sprout after a month I put them aside and let them dry out for about a week and then try again without putting in new seeds. 

I use this same method, coir and peat work equally well for me.  If no heat mat use the top of the fridge.  :)

Back