• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

RDWC Carolina Reapers

A customer told me that you growers would be interested in our hydro Carolina Reapers. Feel free to ask any questions if you have any. This particular plants are close to 7 months old.

Root structure filling out a 5 gallon bucket.
reaperroots.jpg

Here are some stalk shots they're about 1.5 inches in diameter.
2015-06-26.jpg
2015-06-26.jpg
2015-06-26.jpg
2015-06-26.jpg
2015-06-26.jpg
2015-06-26.jpg
2015-06-26.jpg
2015-06-26.jpg

Very nice, i've had some canna stalks like that but not pepper yet. 

my DWC, I need to move two plants they are branching more out than up

A months difference

5/25- From top left to right White Fatalii, Butch T yellow, Bahamian goat, cgn-21500

IMG_3305.JPG

6/25

_MG_0906.JPG

D3monic said:
Very nice, i've had some canna stalks like that but not pepper yet. 

my DWC, I need to move two plants they are branching more out than up

A months difference

5/25- From top left to right White Fatalii, Butch T yellow, Bahamian goat, cgn-21500

attachicon.gif
IMG_3305.JPG

6/25

attachicon.gif
_MG_0906.JPG
Looking good  :dance:

What brand of LED's are you using? How do you like them? I've got some 4.5 year old Tabasco's under a LumiGro 650 as soon as i put them under the LED they leaf spacing got super tight and when i trimmed the plants they stayed really squat.

Indoor Gardens said:
Looking good  :dance:

What brand of LED's are you using? How do you like them? I've got some 4.5 year old Tabasco's under a LumiGro 650 as soon as i put them under the LED they leaf spacing got super tight and when i trimmed the plants they stayed really squat.

I have blackstar 240's I have really liked them, they have produced some monster plants in the past. I just noticed half the lights are out on my two units over the peppers, will have to take the fixtures apart and see what happened. Odd that it's the same side on both fixtures. They are several years old though. 

I have noticed the same thing, very tight leaf/node spacing. I have 0 complaints on them and will always be a big fan of LEDs for plants. 

juanitos said:
Have you used CDM / CMH?
We're running a 315 LEC from Sunlight Supply in the shop, and needless to say we're in LOVE! No peppers under it at the moment but my Blue Agave is loving it. The amount of customers coming back pleased is beyond impressive. Over and over again customers are reporting a 600w equivalent yield with a light that is only pulling 315w. The spectrum is SPOT ON! :dance:  

D3monic said:
Not familiar with those abbreviations , enlighten a noob 
ceramic metal halide, light emiting ceramic.

its a newish HID light that is better(depending who you ask ofc) than traditional HPS / MH. As you heard 315w model doing just as good as 600w traditional fixture. it has coverage of 3x3 area. 

SavinaRed said:
So are you selling plants , systems for growing or both ?
As of right now, we're just giving the peppers away to customers, but we would consider selling them. I'm honestly more interested in selling the systems. We're selling them for 299.95 in the store and will have them online for sell soon. But if someone was really interested we can always do over the phone orders. The 299.95 doesn't include the water chiller.

Indoor Gardens said:
As of right now, we're just giving the peppers away to customers, but we would consider selling them. I'm honestly more interested in selling the systems. We're selling them for 299.95 in the store and will have them online for sell soon. But if someone was really interested we can always do over the phone orders. The 299.95 doesn't include the water chiller.
how many plants can you grow from a single system for 299

SavinaRed said:
how many plants can you grow from a single system for 299
The package comes with materials for 4 plants. The system is expandable though and you coul easily connect 8 buckets to one 25 gallon reservoir. Every 2 buckets you add would add about $20 to the price. 

Back