• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Masterblend

Anyone know what the PPM is when you mix 12g masterblend, 12g calcium nitrate and 6g of magnesium sulfate into 5 gallons of water? Assuming 0 ppm to start.

It would be nice if the manufacturer had better instructions.

can you post a label or something for masterblend? ive never heard of this fert.

calcium nitrate yields around 30mg/ nitreate and 40 per gram per gallon.

magnesium sulfate yields around 30 mag and around 30 sulfur if i remember right.

imukVCj.jpg

i forgot about this... ill do the math later on if you still dont have an answer... 

you need a density measurement to do the math... do you have a scale and something like a volumetric scoop? like... a teaspoon scoop?

divide the mass per ml. and post it. 

after that its all easy.

I was just hoping someone who uses it could tell me their approximate numbers. Then I could get started experimenting earlier. I still might do some but I'll get a meter soon.

You could tell me about how you make your own ferts and where you order from and stuff if you want?

i just buy them from ebay and the drug store usually.  the only exception being my micro nutrient mix, Peters STEM. i bought the stem from customhydronutrients.com.

there are better micronutrient mixes though... my favorite is PLANTEX CSM+Boron... its a fish tank fertilizer, so it has less copper and less manganeze and less zinc than STEM. the abundance of these elements in STEM does not hurt anything though... and stem being so much cheaper its hard to justify the plantex product.

plantex is like 10 bucks an lb. stem is closer to 5.

regarding your masterblend.

its probably 100% soluble ferts, just like what i use... you just need to figure out the translation from % weight to PPM.

in order to do this calculation you need to know the density of the powder... once you know that density you can approximate the mass of say... nitrate per unit of mass of the bulk fertilizer.

once you get a mass of nitrate then you can translate this to ppm or mg/L. 

just find that value on their website or call them up if you dont have a decent scale.
wait wait wait. im retarded... the above is only for liquid ferts... they are GIVING you the %mass component to total mass already.

give me a minute.

ok so here is what i got.

a gram additon to 1 gallon yields the following. 

in PPM or mg/L

9.247 nitrate
1.321 ammonium
20.7 phos.
83.34 potassium
1.321 magnessium

i didnt do the micros. i can if you want....

lol i can take a pic of this scratch paper if you like... but i seriously doubt anybody could read my scratch.

fucking 38% potassium btw... thats a shiload. i see now why you bought the calcium nitrate and magnesium sulfate... you can max use like 4 grams of this stuff per gallon.

The directions on the bag call for 9.33g/gal.

I mixed up 28g of this in 4.5 gallons for some soil plants. Thats .6.22g/gal.

Weed said:
Anyone know what the PPM is when you mix 12g masterblend, 12g calcium nitrate and 6g of magnesium sulfate into 5 gallons of water? Assuming 0 ppm to start.

It would be nice if the manufacturer had better instructions.

I usually get around 900 ppm after subtracting out my RO ppm, which is ~40.
I use the same exact formula, 12g masterblend, 12g calcium nitrate, 6g mag. sulfate.

Honestly, I have not had very good results with this mixture indoors; I seem to burn the hell out of all my tomatoes.
Caution, go VERY light, (start at 1/3 strength), or ~300ppm.

Back