• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Smoking hot today again

It was 93.4 at my house yesterday and hit 106 in Livermore which is about 20 miles or so inland. Supposed to be a couple of degrees hotter today. :(
The worst part is most of us do not have A/C in this area so it's miserable.

Proud Marine Dad said:
Yeah it's real hot out in the valley.
You have A/C though right?
Yes we do its a necessity out here. I just put some shade cloth over my raised beds to protect my peppers this week. I have others that are doing well in this heat that are planted in the ground. And some others in containers I move so they get morning sun and afternoon shade but I'm watering them every day in this weather.

Proud Marine Dad said:
Hows the water level in Lake Sonoma hogleg? I haven't bass fished there in years.

I haven't been in a couple months, but I hear its REALLY low but still fishable. Lake Mendo on the other hand is less than a mud puddle, Stagnant, fish are dead, and not safe to swim in.

hogleg said:

I haven't been in a couple months, but I hear its REALLY low but still fishable. Lake Mendo on the other hand is less than a mud puddle, Stagnant, fish are dead, and not safe to swim in.
wow this drought is horrible 

I'm in pots so they were hating life on tues and weds. Looking happier today though. Rocoto/manzano and goatsweed were unaffected.

manzano and rocoto get no direct sun after 1:00pm and the Goatsweeds just thumb their nose at anything mother nature has to offer.

I'm in Sacramento and our therometer melted. I work out in this shit as an exterminator. SUCKS!!!!

I'm watering every day and feeding 10-10-10 they are ok, but not super happy.

I have one reaper in a bucket that is doing awesome, but the others are just hangin in there.

I honestly can't complain, temps have been pleasant this week in the mid to upper 70s and no rain for the next week... I might even have to water the garden for the second time this year. Could use a few good hot days to dry up the standing water everywhere breeding these monster mosquitoes. 

Back