• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Ed Currie in Men's Health Magazine.

Just going on the focus being on men, I am dying to know if thinning the blood and irritating the digestive system might be mentioned.  That and the endorphin rush are my theories for why the things are considered aphrodisiacs. 

I can vouch from personal experiments that high doses of capsaicin, does lower your blood pressure. Which was the opposite of what I was expecting.

Lol I get the endorphins aspect, but not sure the aphrodisiac side is fully thought through.  

I mean rocking up all hot and sweaty for a good time with super hot bouncing around your mouth and fingers, you really aren't going to get thanked are you….  

DangerZone.gif

i'd rather take the cheap gas station tabs (that do work) before getting frisky if I wanted to go all night (and possibly have a heart attack) than eat a reaper and burn our nethers. 

Well in that case at least. 

staminarx-men.jpg

Is it just me or does it seem like everyone that is passionate about something claims it has anti cancer or cures cancer capabilities. 

I don't doubt the cannabis but then you got the people that use essential oils, shrooms, peppers, i'm sure there's others too  

I will post something in the morning. Either a scan or download or something so you guys can read it. Fixing to go to bed so I can run around like a chx w my head cut off in a few hrs.

D3monic said:
Is it just me or does it seem like everyone that is passionate about something claims it has anti cancer or cures cancer capabilities. 

I don't doubt the cannabis but then you got the people that use essential oils, shrooms, peppers, i'm sure there's others too  
I thought there was some science behind this one.

As for pot - Pot isn't an anti carcinogen - in fact smoking anything can cause lung cancer. But there are degrees of severity - cigarettes are much more likely to cause harm.

That said, it does cure nausea & stimulate the appetite which helps cancer patients to avoid wasting - which is why pot has a beneficial aspect for cancer.

I know someone who went through it - they'd never done any drugs & he'd be the 1st to tell you that marijuana saved his life. If you can't sleep or eat because you're chemo sick, you waste away & die.

Anyway, I'm not sure about the capsaicin, but I remember there was an article about Ed being involved with some lab studies regarding capcaisin fighting cancer.

D3monic said:

bier

Back