• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

PH probe recommendations

Anyone have any recommendations on food grade PH probes?

I was trying to google for one and most of my hits are for either Aquarium or Water use. 

I know a lot of you do canning and sauce making so i'm sure there's some affordable models that you can recommend. 

You can do that? I didn't think they was designed for that. The ones I have are really expensive and are hooked into a control system on my aquarium and tied to my computer/phone
I can see how my tanks peramiters are while i'm at work and stuff. Can also turn lights, pumps and stuff on n off

image.jpg

image.jpg

That's just badasss! Like teten showed would work fine. Look for temp copensating for testing while still warm. I usually buy ones that cost twice as much and throw it across the room in less than a year. But I also don't treat them right I just expect them to WORK all the time, without soaking in test fluid and being calibrated every twenty minutes.

I have the AZ8685 waterproof pH meter from a home brewing supply company.  It has worked great for several years and don't forget to calibrate it once in a while with the 4 and 7 buffer solutions.  

Back