• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Took a step up to LEDs. Pics inside.

Taken from Amazon's QA:

"133-138 watt draw from the outlet on my Kill-a-Watt meter, this does include the 2 cooling fans though."

Which means they're underdriven. 

Nevermind, I found it

Product info:
Size: 15.8*8.3*2.4inch
View Angle of LEDs: 90°and 120°mixed
Worldwide Voltage: AC85~265V
Frequency: 50/60 HZ
Chips: Epileds
Lighting Area: 1m/52.78, 1.5m/78.5, 2m/113.04
Certificates: CE, ROHS, FCC
Spectrum of Light : Vegetated Stage - 430-475nm, 620-630nm, 660nm and White
Spectrum of Light: Growth & Bloom - 430-475nm, 620-630nm, 660nm, 730nm and White
Working Environment: -20℃~ 40

Heckle said:
An advertising duet with 4 and 7 posts.

Yawn. I doubt it.

Wood55 has a fairly filled out profile, more than you actually. Why go through the effort if you are just here to advertise?

Do you always see the bad in everyone?

Jeff H said:

Yawn. I doubt it.

Wood55 has a fairly filled out profile, more than you actually. Why go through the effort if you are just here to advertise?

Do you always see the bad in everyone?

I have no idea why a seller would want a thread that appears every time someone queues up a search for 'LEDs' rather than just spam that is deleted.

Yes.

That 300 watt light looks a lot like my 300W mars-hydro.

Wood55 said:
Nevermind, I found it

Product info:
Size: 15.8*8.3*2.4inch
View Angle of LEDs: 90°and 120°mixed
Worldwide Voltage: AC85~265V
Frequency: 50/60 HZ
Chips: Epileds
Lighting Area: 1m/52.78, 1.5m/78.5, 2m/113.04
Certificates: CE, ROHS, FCC
Spectrum of Light : Vegetated Stage - 430-475nm, 620-630nm, 660nm and White
Spectrum of Light: Growth & Bloom - 430-475nm, 620-630nm, 660nm, 730nm and White
Working Environment: -20℃~ 40

Lighting area shouldn't be more than 2 by 2 foot unless you dislike productive growth
Maybe 2 by 3 foot.

The growlight looks like the 300W one from MarsHydro I bought.
Don't know how good the Galaxyhydro is besides it being dimmeable and having an one and off switch which mine lacks.
Neither can I find much information about the Galaxyhydro on forums that grow a certain other vegetable. (I don't grow those greens)

My peppers are growing very fast under my LED
(The pepper in the pink container has yellowed lower leaves from the time it was rootbound in a cup under CFL, the one in the back has some peculiar growth/white spots (a lot of trichome growth?) but already had that before going under the LED)
http://i.imgur.com/S5kD2Tr.jpg

If you want information about led lights it's probably better to look it up on a forum for less legal vegetable growers. (since they're more likely to grow them indoors/have much more experience with it)
Remember that peppers aren't photosenstivie and you don't have to switch to 12 hours light a day for flowering peppers.

Also don't look in those lights, your perception of colour becomes different temporarily.

I have been using different 1Watt Leds for 5 + years min..
Watts means nothing.Just how fast your meter spins.

Why are people into watts UNLESS it is in PLANT usable light?

Makes no sense to me.

I have GREAT success with 3 1/2 x 4in.5mm boards with 125 LEDS on them.
TOO a certain point.=Starts.
I use 1 watt or less LEDS for my grow.
I use stars and 10mm LEDS.
10 mm LEDs put out a LOT more LM.,but arent in some of the nm I need (plants like 400nm to 700nm in general).
YES they NEED to be used for whoevers grow,PERIOD!
Nothing is set in stone!

Sales crap sucks and OLD pot site  info has been proved wrong about red light etc.New LEDs or just BS.
BY POT SITES - LOL.
I knew people YEARS AGO who grew Pot under Fluorors of different K in closets that had great success.
A 4ft X 4ft box with 12 5gal buchets in the box with vertical bulbs grew a Ton of pot.
Once the stuff matured,IF trimmed ,made a ton of buds a week.
AH the good old dats. LOL

Yes the closet Pot growers have been cool as far as inovations in lighting etc.
But the stuff,years ago,using common light sources as WHAT IS NEEDED and is outdated these days.
A lot of lighting as far as what A plant needs is being to be proved wrong as far as Outdated goes.

White LEDs in different LM. and nm. are easily being better light sources for a lot of things people grow commercially.
Maybe not pot,but high end greens etc. for eateries or whatever.

I really feel sorry for people buying LEDS stuff at stupid prices these days.
A LOT of suppliers will build a panel for you for a LOT less.

Nope,I'm not into posting my sources.
Most people wouldn't do the same for me.
I found that out when I went through Chemo.
Everyone was my friend.
I didn't die (though was considered Terminal at 1 time).Now all the same people don't want to deal with me.

Willard knows lighting as a profession,ask him.He'll probably tell you,depending on the size of your grow what you need.
We have bumped heads at times.But we both .I think,end up just talking shop in general.
I do like him and what he has to offer.
Gotta see his grow is a LOT different tan mine.
Boils down to what your light neds are and the soures that is best for your grow.
100 watts at 1 lm. of the wrong nm.  sucks,100 watts at a gazillion wrong nm. In mostly plant usable Lm FOR YOUR grow rocks.

Smokemaster your posts are nigh-unreadable.
Also lumens isn't accurate, as lumens is only about how humans perceive the intensity of the light and not how plants, a 30000 lumen lightbulb is useless if it emits for example only green light.

And you can easily build your own great panel with Vero Bridgelux or Cree LED cobs.

Heckle said:
An advertising duet with 4 and 7 posts.
Yeah, no. I'm not an advertiser. I stand nothing to gain by posting here, just sharing my experience.

So sorry I haven't been here for a long time, and my post consisted about a piece of grow tech that I find interesting. If you'd like, I'll just go ahead and delete all my posts and stick to reddit from now on. Otherwise, I can offer you a coupon to walmart. I hear they have tinfoil hats on sale.

Anyway, doubled up on my setup, I'm noticing my adolescents are a bit leggier than my DIY CFL light array, but are taking less time to put off more growth.

http://imgur.com/3GmqgUQ
http://imgur.com/h3jJpDp

ya go ahead and stick to reddit since you offer a choice
my tin foil hat is asking what room in a house would look like that
pwnguin said:
Yeah, no. I'm not an advertiser. I stand nothing to gain by posting here, just sharing my experience.

So sorry I haven't been here for a long time, and my post consisted about a piece of grow tech that I find interesting. If you'd like, I'll just go ahead and delete all my posts and stick to reddit from now on. Otherwise, I can offer you a coupon to walmart. I hear they have tinfoil hats on sale.

Anyway, doubled up on my setup, I'm noticing my adolescents are a bit leggier than my DIY CFL light array, but are taking less time to put off more growth.

http://imgur.com/3GmqgUQ
http://imgur.com/h3jJpDp

Wow you double up like you had one sitting out front or something.

Of course theyre taking less time to get leggy. Theyre looking for more light. Apparently the CFLs were better.

Oh, no. About me trying to sell stuff.

The legginess, I'm assuming, is due in part to the position of my lights. They were initially too far away, I had the seedlings on the ground. Recently (yesterday) I finished hardening off a few Bhuts and they live outside now. I moved the seedlings onto the shelf.

I might just start a Glog with an experiment, see if these lights are capable of a full indoor grow.

I am not a spammer, vendor or part of the machine. I want to set up a grow shelf for my Bonchis. When I saw the price I was curious of the footprint, as The lights will be less than two feet above my plants. I do know that Led brightness is measured in Lumens, thus the more lumens the brighter the bulb. The Kelvin is a comparison to how close the whiteness is to the sun's output.

Wood55 said:
I am not a spammer, vendor or part of the machine. I want to set up a grow shelf for my Bonchis. When I saw the price I was curious of the footprint, as The lights will be less than two feet above my plants. I do know that Led brightness is measured in Lumens, thus the more lumens the brighter the bulb. The Kelvin is a comparison to how close the whiteness is to the sun's output.

It's normally measured in PAR, not lumen.
And Kelvin isn't used for LED lights that have a bunch of different spectrum leds. It certainly isn't used with blurple growlights

The only real problem the more expensive led growlight brands have is that they're probably still using 2012 (or older) tech.
You never hear about their growlights getting revisions and new more modern LEDs.

For me and my small growtent my growlight wasn't any more expensive than a HPS but once it's dead I might build one myself. (unless the companies have brought new updated models that are relatively cheap)
Otherwise I'll look up how to do a Cree or Bridgelux DIY build since they're extremely efficient at 131 lumen/watt their flagships (even if lumen isn't the best measurement to compare growlights, the flagship cobs of Cree/Bridgelux are among the most efficient lights)

Cree and Bridgelux aren't in the growlight industry so all their lights will be like standard CFLs except a lot brighter and a lot more efficient.
Though some growlight sellers do use Cree cobs, I don't know what revision they use.

Something like this :P
Maybe with a smaller heatsink and a fan on it.

I've been tossing the idea around about building a custom panel. Not sure about the ratios in terms of spectrum, yet. I've settled on the 3w star LEDs, just need to figure out a target wattage/array layout.

Back