• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Upward growing peppers

I think there is a word to describe peppers that grow upward instead of hanging like a pendulum but I can not think of it off the top of my head.  Am wondering if folk can think of super hots that grow that way. 

I grew some firecrackers and loved the way they look.  Thinking the upward facing peppers have more chance of the color not being hidden by leaves.  Sop they would look good in the front.

Yep, thinking about next year.

Trinidad sunrise scorpions are superhots that do that. I had one last year, but it died to aphids over the winter. They're sweet, and about 700,000-800,000 SHU.

The sunrise scorpions I received from silver surfer are one of the coolest/meanest peppers I have ever seen and grown. I grew them last year and will grow them again next.

Googled up some pictures of sunrise scorpions. Very cool looking. Pod shape doesnt look like it would grow that way.  Very neat.

Genemonger said:
By the way, the word you are looking for is erect. Although googling that could get nasty..

th-22.jpeg
    :onfire:

Genemonger said:
By the way, the word you are looking for is erect. Although googling that could get nasty..
What? All I looked up is why my peter peppers aren't erect. I don't see how this could get nasty at all.

ajdrew said:
Googled up some pictures of sunrise scorpions. Very cool looking. Pod shape doesnt look like it would grow that way.  Very neat.
This is the first time hearing about those peppers. It is one I will be growing next year for sure.

Kinda like this?

These are supposed to be white habenaro. They look more like the Thai chillis I grew last year... Anyone out there can tell what these are I would appreciate it...

Back