• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Well, color me surprised - Unusual Bell Peppers

Bought a Burpee bell pepper variety pack of seeds since I like surprises. Lo and behold, at least one plant is starting off with non green peppers. Never knew this could happen. Many sites say they all start off green. But I did find others that say otherwise. Anyways the peppers are creamy with a barely light yellow tinge.

I think this little pack of seeds will end up being my favorite this year, growing wise. The Jalapenos are always my favorite for eating.

cruzzfish said:
Pics please.

Edit: I've heard about cream colored peppers before, but I forgot which color they turn. I think it's white.
Already snapped one. Will upload when I get inside. I have Tedzilla out for some fresh air. Then again the air in the house is divine with fresh dill dehydrating. Yum!

Ok here it is. :)  Can't wait to see what I got for the other 5 plants.
033.jpg

Asked the neighbors if they wanted some garlic chives today.  Unloaded a whole plastic grocery bag full. LOL....  Too late they are theirs now,,,    They were shading some peppers, so I cut a bunch off.  Those things grow like weeds,.  

I have a pepper plant labelled "sweet bell" that my mom picked up for me and the peppers are all starting out that colour as well. The label has pictures of yellow, orange, red and greeny/yellow peppers on it so who knows what colour it will ripen to.

Guy at the community garden just gave me about five gypsy peppers. He used to grow them all the time in his home country. They'll actually go yellowish cream when they're ripe. Next to a ripe one, the others should look very very light green cream. He claimed them to be ripe when they're "shiny" but I prefer to say yellowish cream. Haven't eaten one yet. Best of luck

Back