Cocktails with hot peppers?

What's the best drink you've made or had with hot peppers in it? Looking for some ideas for the weekend. My bartender buddy posted one he made with gin, fresh lemon, gentian bitters, jalapeño, raspberries, and blackberries. Looks like a pretty solid contender for summertime boozing by the pool.  

I've made drinks with a jalapeño simple syrup. Really easy to make, plus you get some essentially candied jalapeño slices. You could do that with any pepper. That way you get an even flavor and heat. I doubt you would want to have slices of ghost peppers in your drink.

try squeezing a bird's eye pepper in just about any cocktail, works great with vodka.  Also, a site barnonedrinks.com has about 40 plus listed.  Search the site under "drinks wth pepper".  there's quite a few worth sampling

805living.com digital issue (no pay wall) on pages 86/87 has a San Ysidro Ranch Habanero Mango Margarita with Habanero infused tequila and mango puree. Check it out.

Back in 1981 while on a trip to Riudoso, NM with some buddies to go skiing, we stopped at a little Road House deep in the heart of West Texas. We were young and figured we could make the trip stopping at every bar we passed for a drink and if there was a house specialty, that was what we had. Well at this Road House the featured drink was the West Texas Prairie Burner. It was a double shot glass filled half with Cuervo Gold and half with Tabasco Hot Sauce. Today it probably wouldn't that big of a deal but back then Tabasco was about the hottest thing around and man did you feel the Prairie Burn as it went down.

Good times :cool:

In true fashion!  THP I salute you.  Home brew APA and a home a grown Cardi!

The pic says it all.  I learned how to grow and improve my peppers.  I got motivated to brew my own.  Thanks THP!

Back