• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

indoor The 72 Hour Reveal, Nil's Indoor Peppers

So, fellow chili pepper enthusiasts. I have completed my 72 hour time lapse sense I finished my indoor grow setup for my Jalapeño and Carolina Reaper pepper plants. As promised I said I would post a time lapse of these first 72 hours. So without further adieu, 72 hour pepper plant growth time lapse. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/ZEP0GTjhFbg

Chilima said:
Now we need longer video from seed to pod GO :X
Lol... next is pod development tracking one that is setting on the jalapeno and then after that I'll do a reaper... that'll be ready in 60-70 days, see ya then!

FiresOfNil said:
So, fellow chili pepper enthusiasts. I have completed my 72 hour time lapse sense I finished my indoor grow setup for my Jalapeño and Carolina Reaper pepper plants. As promised I said I would post a time lapse of these first 72 hours. So without further adieu, 72 hour pepper plant growth time lapse. Enjoy.
Nice - What kind of lights are you using?

dragon49 said:
Nice - What kind of lights are you using?
2 generic cheap 12w PAR38 style Red/Blue LED floods that did a great job in the earlier growing, and then a 150w LED panel from China. There are more fleshed out LED brands out there with Grow/Flower features and various other cool things, but I just needed a well rounded spectrum on a simple panel.

The new panel was needed since the 12w LED's couldn't pierce through the canopy.

FiresOfNil said:
2 generic cheap 12w PAR38 style Red/Blue LED floods that did a great job in the earlier growing, and then a 150w LED panel from China. There are more fleshed out LED brands out there with Grow/Flower features and various other cool things, but I just needed a well rounded spectrum on a simple panel.

The new panel was needed since the 12w LED's couldn't pierce through the canopy.
NIce,

I need to upgrade my fluorescents and CFLs for LEDs.  

Looks like my reaper plant is growing rather phenomenally now, I will be looking at getting my second cam up within the next couple days and produce an HD close-up grow video of the reaper while my other video is in progress. What time cycle should I go for? I'm thinking over 1 week.

FiresOfNil said:
Looks like my reaper plant is growing rather phenomenally now, I will be looking at getting my second cam up within the next couple days and produce an HD close-up grow video of the reaper while my other video is in progress. What time cycle should I go for? I'm thinking over 1 week.

Hey could you tell us how you did the first time lapse?

Heckle said:

Hey could you tell us how you did the first time lapse?
Of course, I have a webcam and computer in the same room and simply recorded 24/7 (with some errors the first 2 nights) using simple open source software that takes pictures at an interval. Next one will be higher quality, and over a longer period. It is looking great so far!

Back