• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Leaves turning yellow

Any idea what could be causing this?
vH8Kyij.jpg

I feed it once a week with Chilli Focus which is recommended on the side of the bottle. Thanks :)

romy6 said:
 Looks super healthy for now . 
What does chili focus consist of ? 

May help determine what the plant is lacking  :fireball:
Chilli Focus NPK: 3.0 - 1.0 - 4.4
I can post a picture of the back of the bottle if it helps mate

Have you been watering with epsom salt ? Peppers love it and really cuts down on the magnesium deficiency but I do not believe that is your issue . 

P seems low for sure though . I prefer a 10 10 10 ratio. 

Have you been giving it any calcium ? 

romy6 said:
  Have you been watering with epsom salt ? Peppers love it and really cuts down on the magnesium deficiency but I do not believe that is your issue . 

P seems low for sure though . I prefer a 10 10 10 ratio. 

Have you been giving it any calcium ? 
I gave it a spray with some epsom salt about 3 weeks ago and na I haven't I thought everything the plant needed was in the bottle lol.

j92 said:
I gave it a spray with some epsom salt about 3 weeks ago and na I haven't I thought everything the plant needed was in the bottle lol.

They need lots of calcium and magnesium just FYI . I water with epsom salt at least once a week . Tablespoon per gallon of water and use the heck out of some bone meal . 

I have never used chilifocus so I am not sure to be honest though . 

romy6 said:
They need lots of calcium and magnesium just FYI . I water with epsom salt at least once a week . Tablespoon per gallon of water and use the heck out of some bone meal . 

so the bone meal supplies the calcium and magnesium? Or one of the two?

bucdout57 said:
so the bone meal supplies the calcium and magnesium? Or one of the two?
Bone meal =  calcium( takes about 4 to 6 weeks to break down so add early before fruiting) most use cal/mag for both I am old school. And poor.   . Epsom = magnesium 

romy6 said:
Bone meal =  calcium( takes about 4 to 6 weeks to break down so add early before fruiting) most use cal/mag for both I am old school. And poor.   . Epsom = magnesium
Same here. Poor that is. That's for explaining that.

romy6 said:
 Looks super healthy for now . 
What does chili focus consist of ? 

May help determine what the plant is lacking  :fireball:
There's calcium and magnesium also in it iirc.
It's also used for hydroponics...

Don't know how much Ca and Mg it has though

romy6 said:

Freekie said:
There's calcium and magnesium also in it iirc.
It's also used for hydroponics...

Don't know how much Ca and Mg it has though

Here's the back of bottle
xBtdDLL.jpg

I'm going to the garden centre today, should I pick up some bone meal if they have it?

I foliar spray with calcium chloride and epsom salt to give them calcium and magnesium. Calcium nitrate in the soil is also good if it lacks calcium.

Reactions: j92
j92 said:

Here's the back of bottle
xBtdDLL.jpg

I'm going to the garden centre today, should I pick up some bone meal if they have it?

I would not. I think you have enough calcium in the chili focus . Maybe just get some epsom salt . Plant looks super healthy . Little yellowing on a few leaves is normal . If it gets much worst then maybe boost up the amount of NPK. 

Reactions: j92
romy6 said:

I would not. I think you have enough calcium in the chili focus . Maybe just get some epsom salt . Plant looks super healthy . Little yellowing on a few leaves is normal . If it gets much worst then maybe boost up the amount of NPK. 
I ended up getting 2 scotch bonet plants, bell pepper plant and one of them spray guns for epsom salts. Just about to give them all a spray now thanks man

j92 said:
I ended up getting 2 scotch bonet plants, bell pepper plant and one of them spray guns for epsom salts. Just about to give them all a spray now thanks man

I have found doing a root drenching is more effective than foliar feeding epsom salt but they will both work well . Just my humble opinion . If you do go the foilar option I recommend adding a a wetting or sticking agent to allow the leaves to absorb better . Feed the roots go straight to the source :)

Back