• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Getting Fit!

Holy Crap! You look so different!  I was just about to hop on my bike and ride to my martial arts class but the dogs decided to get into it... I try to do a home work out when I can't make it out, so I guess I'll be doing some pull ups, planks, and supermans, maybe take the dogs out for a run to wear them out since they seem to have pent up fightin' energy. 

sicman said:
Not sure where this thread will go? But im going to stop posting in the "good morning" thread and posting here.  Post up if you attack the day. This is all about postive vibes and work.   

Every day is awesome and we are blessed to have it. What you going to do today? See yall in the morning :dance:

You know those are for riding and not lifting ... right?

... right? xD

:P

// love this thread idea and stance on things tho!

Haven't been here in a while.  I have been busy getting my a** kicked on the trails by Papa Sic.  I will say that adding cycling to our daily routine has changed our attitudes, enhanced our marriage, and well......enhanced our body image....and that never hurts ANYTHING!    :party:

Between the two of us, we have lost the weight of a baby pigmy hippo so far.   :surprised:

Cheers!  Come join in the fun!

sicman said:
Not sure where this thread will go? But im going to stop posting in the "good morning" thread and posting here.  Post up if you attack the day. This is all about postive vibes and work.   

Every day is awesome and we are blessed to have it. What you going to do today? See yall in the morning :dance:

Lady Sic said:
Haven't been here in a while.  I have been busy getting my a** kicked on the trails by Papa Sic.  I will say that adding cycling to our daily routine has changed our attitudes, enhanced our marriage, and well......enhanced our body image....and that never hurts ANYTHING!    :party:

Between the two of us, we have lost the weight of a baby pigmy hippo so far.   :surprised:

Cheers!  Come join in the fun!

I need to seriously lose the extra weight I put on this Winter. I dropped 80 pounds last year only to gain 15 pounds back. Enough is enough.

Anyways keep up the good work. I wouldn't have recognized you guys. Totally look different. In a good way. You two look great. See ya in the morning.

sicman said:

Wow, you guys look amazing! Both of yall! Nothing but respect! I'm getting a Bowflex Elite tonight, so I'd love to join yall in your quest to become sexy bitches.

I do have just one question for you, Sic, and be honest, I won't tell no one...

Are you Zach Galifianakis?

rectangle.jpg

I'm cycling when I have the time... at least once a week over the surrounding hills. Sometimes I go for a run,like yesterday. I feel so much better when I exercise regulary.

So yeah. Recommend it to everybody. Just be careful out there. Cycling got dangerous when the traffic grew over our heads. Stick to the less traffic roads, the woods have better air.

Keep it up. Feel alive!

Rawkstah said:
Holy Crap! You look so different!  I was just about to hop on my bike and ride to my martial arts class but the dogs decided to get into it... I try to do a home work out when I can't make it out, so I guess I'll be doing some pull ups, planks, and supermans, maybe take the dogs out for a run to wear them out since they seem to have pent up fightin' energy. 
You are the perfect example of fit,for those that havent seen Sam she is FIT!

The Hot Pepper said:
:woohoo:

Lady Sic is back, looking good!

I need a bike. This is depressing me. With a cup holder. :beer:
Got two of them on each bike. Nothing is sexier than rockers that cycle ;)

@Ben get it going my man. And I have heard that whole "fat" Jesus thing several times,lol.

tsurrie said:
I'm cycling when I have the time... at least once a week over the surrounding hills. Sometimes I go for a run,like yesterday. I feel so much better when I exercise regulary.

So yeah. Recommend it to everybody. Just be careful out there. Cycling got dangerous when the traffic grew over our heads. Stick to the less traffic roads, the woods have better air.

Keep it up. Feel alive!
Live To Ride my friend and you aint joking about the dangers it can be. We like to ride every kind of ground you can imagine. Wife still only has mountain bike but we pound hills with them and stroll through town. She is a strong rider. Exercise is the key of your day and cycling is the best thing you can do,bottom line!

@OCD, shed them pounds my man. We got this I need to lose 20 more so im in the hunt for 15 with you. I need to hit 185 to burn 15 I will keep it posted where im at. You do the same. Who else is with us of burnig 15# of fat?   Lets go guys :onfire:

Tomorrow morning we are taking the mountain bikes out and busting a quick 2 hour ride leaving are place. Saturday I have my first pace line ride. Its 40 miles and suppose to average 18 miles a hour :confused:  ill be the dude in the back trying to keep up with a group of old dudes,lol.

Today is yours and make sure you take a few minutes to enjoy it. Dont have the attitude of "I dont have time" Just move for 30 minutes and everything will fall in place.

Get On A Bike Mother Fucters! :dance:

Jeff H said:

NO.

But I will hit the gym for a jog. 5 miles or do after work should do it.
HaHa,Im still walking one day a week 8 miles. Running also rules,I ran cross country in high school and rsan up to 5 years ago on and off. I wan to start doing that also. Are we going to train for a Ironman,lol.   Swimming is my weakest and I dont think I could ever get "good" with it :mope:

Post up all the activities you do everyone. This will inspire people. This is awesome :onfire:

muskymojo said:
Way to go, you two!

I've lost about 30 pounds since February and it feels great. If it wasn't for beer I bet I would be down 50, but I really love beer...
That is awesome. And there is nothing wong with beer. Im drinking one now. The whole point is "Ride To LIve",lol.

Next week I'm off the Boulder, CO to train in the mountains for a few days with my martial arts mentor/instructor.  No biking, but trail running and hiking, probably some climbing, and I'm looking forward to some tai chi and chi sao battles in the mountains.  I've been trying to get my cardio up as much as I can since the air will be thinner out there.  Fingers crossed I'll come back in one piece ;)

Back