• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Downunder winter.

Shorerider

Staff Member
Extreme Member
We're officially in the middle of winter in Australia, and most growers here are well on their way to starting next seasons plants.

BUT, the thing is, our winters are a little different to those up in the northern hemisphere.

All these photos were taken only a few minutes ago. Please excuse the poor quality, it was getting dark.

Cayenne hybrid.

Rocoto.

Scotch Bonnet.

Tabasco.

Flowers.

Yes, the plants are a little ragged and beaten up but hey, they're still putting out pods.

And then there's this.

And this.

Oh yeah!!!!!

SR.

Mine are bigger than yours !!

He he har har :dance:

(I also picked some pods today - Mustard Bhut, Jonah's Yellow Brain, Devil's Horn, Hair Pepper and 7-pot. This winter downunder is weird ...)

Regards,

Tim

moruga welder said:
looking good bro !      :onfire:
Thanks mate, if you look closely you'll see your Reapers there in the back of the last pic. :P

teejay said:
Mine are bigger than yours !!

He he har har :dance:

Regards,

Tim

Are yours bigger than this?
20150709_200652.jpg

SR.

SmokenFire said:
Man I wish my plants looked that good during winter lol. Hope you've got room to start the ajis from Lindberg SR! Should be there any day now. :)

Thanks SF, most of the pods in the pics have been there a while. I haven't had the need to pick a bulk lot, so I just let 'em be. The Rocoto's I picked in summer are tiny when compared to the one's that I pick in winter.

I'll make room for the Aji's if it kills me. Lol. Can't wait to start them, they'll be the given the VIP treatment once they arrive.

SR.

Hey SR,

Make sure you learn to fight fairly !! Those wee-tackers aren't C.Chinense are they !! :lol:

Here's a pic of my light-box with my all Chinese seedlings of just one month old today:

HzE6QRU.jpg

Only just potted them up from Jiffy Pellets yesterday afternoon because the roots were absolutely everywhere.

Regards,

Tim

Looking great!

Where did you get your nardello seeds? I bought mine from jungle rain last year and they turned out to be normal cayenne....would love to grow the real thing this coming season.

Mine are similar length, same bumpy top section. Might try and source some genuine ones, but thanks for the offer!

teejay said:
Hey SR,

Make sure you learn to fight fairly !! Those wee-tackers aren't C.Chinense are they !! :lol:

Here's a pic of my light-box with my all Chinese seedlings of just one month old today:

HzE6QRU.jpg

Only just potted them up from Jiffy Pellets yesterday afternoon because the roots were absolutely everywhere.

Regards,

Tim
Head start indeed! I am just working out growlist & sow a few! Looking good

My better winter starters are getting up to 4 inches in size but I still have so many tiny ones stuggling... Its been getting down to negatives here wich is unusual and things just arnt drying out.. But my Aji Jobitos have popped and are going good and should be hitting that nice size as the warmer weather kicks back in...

oldsalty said:
What can I say Shorerider absolutely amazing!!!!!!
Thanks brother, here's the haul from those winter pods.
20150801_210023.jpg

Half were sauced up last weekend, the other half is in the freezer getting ready for my next sauce. Not as pretty as my last haul, but this lot seems hotter. 

SR.

Back