• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Chocolate b.b.g 7 's a ripening

chocolate bbg7's finally a ripening !  thanks 96Strat / sea cowboy !  Sweet looking pods .

IMG_0728.JPG

coachspencerxc said:
I'm jealous. I have plenty of stuff ripening. Drowning in pods, actually, but there's always that one more that you don't have that looks so appealing... and then that other one, and then... :)
sure know that feeling ! should of tilled up a huge garden at my other house despite what my daughter said !  lol  
moruga welder said:
sure know that feeling ! should of tilled up a huge garden at my other house despite what my daughter said !  lol  
i got 4 , 2 in containers and 2 in the garden , garden ones are huge !   
Scorched said:
Those babies are looking damn good. Can't wait til mine start setting pods. I've got 6 or 7 plants going. Man I love the BBG7
thanks bro !  hope they taste as good as they look .
mpicante said:
Looking good my friend!
t.y. florissa 

Looking good up there.  I should have a lot of these ripe when I get home.  First plant was set out in a pot in April and first pickings was in late June.  My other in the ground had probably 50 - 75 pods on it last time I looked. 

So i'm not too familiar with this bbg concept. Is this bubblegum a phenotype or an actual pepper? I understand it's the right pheno when the color crawls up the stem?

moruga welder said:
sweet i picked about 6 so far looks like about 20 be ready tomorrow tho . want to leave them on as long as i can for viable seed . 
I know what you mean, seems sometimes like a fine line there.  If I leave them on too long sometimes seeds get black, and I never have good luck with those.  I never worried about that too much last year, when I saved a bunch used food chopper with water to break crap off the seeds then all the bad seeds float to top also.  Not sure about others who got seeds from me, but I had pretty good germination rates for all my own saved ones I started.

gotchya ! i've had a few skall pods with bad insides , don't think picking them a little  early would of helped all the rain had done its damage . but i see your point !    

moruga welder said:
gotchya ! i've had a few skall pods with bad insides , don't think picking them a little  early would of helped all the rain had done its damage . but i see your point !    
What rain.  Its like a desert down here now.  Hadn't rained since Sunday.  Actually had a bucket with a cherry tomato dry out and had to water it tonight.  

Back