• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite What is your Favorite Pepper ?

to grow and enjoy for a combination of heat and flavor ? I'm talking about a pepper that you can eat raw and enjoy without drinking milk, panting and making painful looking facial expressions.

This year I'm growing Caribbean Reds(over 40 plants my neighbor bought for me). Yesterday I picked a few of my ripe ones when my brother was over and we each ate 2 of them. These have just the perfect amount of heat that I can tolerate and the flavor is outstanding. I'm really looking forward to making my first sauce out of them in the next couple of weeks once a get a few dozen ripe ones.

So what is your favorite pepper on the upper end of the heat scale for you that you like the taste of and the heat level where you can actually enjoy the pepper ?

Thanks !

Excellent Topic - So many people so focused on heat alone.  Thank you for the topic.

I am really digging on green moruga.  Just regular moruga but eaten green, dipped in blue cheese dressing.  Wouldnt dream of doing that when they are ripe cause been there done that and do not have the toilet time to dedicate the next day.  For ripe peppers, I'd say this season the red fatalii are turning out to be my favorite.  Thing is, my favorites change every year.  Usually cause I grow something new and love to explore, other times I dunno.  My opinion just kind of changes for no reason.  Maybe I am burning out the nerves on my tongue.

Yes I can see how that could change every year. Last year it was my Bishops Crown's which I still love. I'm growing Choc Habs and Brown Fatali peppers this year along with Datils. One of these just might become my new favorite so we shall see.

I'm going to say mustard habanero. I feel this is one of the most underrated peppers out there. Love the look, smell, taste and they make a great sauce.

It's hard to pick just one!!!

SB7J, MoA SB, chocolate habs, and Aji Amarillo were my favorites from last year for flavor. Bad Brains and that Mustard 7 Pot from Wicked Mike also had great flavor.

Just had my first fresh SB7J of the year today and that may be my #1... what an awesome pepper!!!

juanitos said:
aji pineapple
im growing those this year, hopefully they will produce they are only 6 inches tall . I got a late start with them.
Jamison said:
I would have to go with MoA Scotch Bonnets,  Bahamian Goats, or a JA Red Hab.  Please don't make me choose!  All 3 outstanding in taste and not to hard on your guts at all.  
I have what I think is a young 6 inch MOA growing or its a Congo SR. I guess I will find out in a couple of months. I'm really hoping its a MOA.

My favorite pepper would be the one that doesn't make me stay in the toilet for 2 hours, Bell pepper! Lol. next top favorite is Aleppo. i haven't tried many peppers so idk.

Most of my peppers go into a sauce or soups. Raw, its a toss up between green jalapeño and orange manzano. Inca red drop, rain forest and Brazilian starfish are on the list, as well, if it wasn't limited to one.

Not exactly raw, but I had one of romy's yellow sbj7s in a bowl of noodles, the sauce masked the yellow pod flavor I've learned I don't like and it was a perfect level of heat....

my favorite pepper with little to no heat would prolly be the Aleppo - pepper with heat prolly Mustard Hab, SB7J or White Fatalii - pepper with super hot heat prolly Reaper or 7 Pot Primo or Jonah

But there are TONS of peppers I love it's kinda hard to pick a favorite

Back