• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

heat The heat and food

The Hott Dude

New Registrant
I was wondering does American eat the heat more than the usuals? In my country we eat the spices but not care to make one cry. We eat the spices with meals and we are traditional to them. Do the Americans make the food spicy for the experiences? And not the meal? Because the Adam on TV cable. On the cable he makes it to where it is a contest.

The Hott Dude said:
I was wondering does American eat the heat more than the usuals? In my country we eat the spices but not care to make one cry. We eat the spices with meals and we are traditional to them. Do the Americans make the food spicy for the experiences? And not the meal? Because the Adam on TV cable. On the cable he makes it to where it is a contest.
I'm sure some of us do make food hot for the experience, but a lot of the time it's because it tastes good too. The spices to make people cry are usually one time things because someone said they could eat spicy food, or as dares between friends. 

Also, welcome to THP.

Thanks to you too. The serials on YouTube the channels of shows, are they eat the pepper and then make the sour face and cry and them empty the stomach. But in my country, same the pepper we cook to eat. Can I post this? Or USA is for fun video?

YouTube and other food show inspired shows do not represent how spicy food people are in the USA.  I've seen several incorrect references in those "HotHeat" shows relating to chile pods, where the heat is, etc. 

Myth #1 --The heat in chile pods is in the seeds....

WRONG!!!!  (look that up, and figure it out...)

There are A LOT of people posting videos of eating a ghost pepper claiming that is the hottest pepper in the world.  Even though they may eat a ghost chile, that does not make their claim right as the ghost chile is no longer the hottest chile in the world.
YT is not representative of what the rest of the world is.  It is that 1% who vid and post.  And the rest of the 99% just go about business.....

I take knowledge from you. You are from Mexico as you spell the chili, as the chile? The heat reside not in the seed, here we know this. The heat reside in what we have called the chruth. To many the sour white leg and inside the strain of pepper wall. Do not disconnect and use. The wall is the heat, and the oil heat.

The Hott Dude said:
I take knowledge from you. You are from Mexico as you spell the chili, as the chile? The heat reside not in the seed, here we know this. The heat reside in what we have called the chruth. To many the sour white leg and inside the strain of pepper wall. Do not disconnect and use. The wall is the heat, and the oil heat.
 That is good knowledge. 

Sometimes it is referd to as the "pith" (the white ribs) but more often refered to as the placenta.  The ribs on the inside of the pod, including the seeds,  

That's the freaky hot part.  no matter what the pod is, that's where the capsaicinoid compounds reside.  That's where the heat is.

:)
PS-- I'm not from Mesico, but have worked with people outside of the US of A who talk about Chiles.  :).

We cook many pepper here, pul biber similar to your pizza spice, urfa pepper very famous, and the ghost peppers. Aleppo very famous but contradiction to USA belief is not one pepper, but many pepper from Aleppo! Can be hallaby, pul biber, and urfa!

The spicy we cook with all the time.

The McDonald, we not eat except college kid. :)

Every meal in my home features peppers, hot pepper powder or a sauce that I have made (usually all three). Most Americans don't eat overly spicy food. Their ideas of spicy is a typical jalapeno. 

This forum is all about hot peppers so of course we will all be above the normal in our love for spicy foods. I've never had turkish food or seen a turkish fast food place so I can not comment on the cuisine. 

No adult eats Mcdonalds because they like it, usually because it's fast, cheap and convenient when they are in a hurry. They usually regret it afterward. Most that is. 

my mom speaks turkish so i asked her but she said its been a while. I was saying adam is trying to show his strength as a man to eat the pepper, to boost his ego and put on a show

Back