• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Reaper Tears

Ok, over and over the warnings are out there wash your hands or wear gloves when handling super hot's. Well, prepping a bunch of reapers to make sauce with at a later date. Gloves on peppers cleaned, deseeded for the most part, pop pepper's into food saver bags and seal. Gloves still on clean up knife, cutting board, and toss gloves into trash, wash hands and go to toss sealed bags into freezer, noticed a puffy bag so using scissors cut the bag open and poured peppers into a new bag resealed bag and tossed into freezer. Sat down to enjoy a beer, and reached up to rub my eye..... that was about an hour ago my eye has almost stopped burning. I'm thinking there must have been some oil on the puffy bag that transferred to my fingers, lesson learned..... outside of bags will be rinsed in the future!

miacova said:
Ok, over and over the warnings are out there wash your hands or wear gloves when handling super hot's. Well, prepping a bunch of reapers to make sauce with at a later date. Gloves on peppers cleaned, deseeded for the most part, pop pepper's into food saver bags and seal. Gloves still on clean up knife, cutting board, and toss gloves into trash, wash hands and go to toss sealed bags into freezer, noticed a puffy bag so using scissors cut the bag open and poured peppers into a new bag resealed bag and tossed into freezer. Sat down to enjoy a beer, and reached up to rub my eye..... that was about an hour ago my eye has almost stopped burning. I'm thinking there must have been some oil on the puffy bag that transferred to my fingers, lesson learned..... outside of bags will be rinsed in the future!
Rinsing the bag most likely will not work, oil and water :) 

after i while i come to expect the burn in areas that are very traumatic ! part of being a true chili head !     :onfire:

miacova said:
now thats funny sheet !   lmao !      :onfire:

Yes, I am very happy it was only my eye, Yes there could have been more uncomfortable areas to feel that heat. lol...

Back