• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Now that the Bhuts are growing

How do I keep them healthy and pest free? Any tips would be appreciated.

I have stopped feeding them ,nothing but an epsom salt treatment once a week.

I'd like prevent pests if possible.

THX

Assuming you'll be as obsessive as most of us, it shouldn't be difficult for you to just keep a close eye on them. Every few days, check the leaves closely for signs of bugs. Keep neem oil or pyrethrin handy and use it at the first sign. That's all I do... I've had aphids a couple times, but since I get them so early they haven't done any damage to my plants... The leafcutter bees on the other hand...

klyth said:
Assuming you'll be as obsessive as most of us, it shouldn't be difficult for you to just keep a close eye on them. Every few days, check the leaves closely for signs of bugs. Keep neem oil or pyrethrin handy and use it at the first sign. That's all I do... I've had aphids a couple times, but since I get them so early they haven't done any damage to my plants... The leafcutter bees on the other hand...

Great Advice from Klyth,the most common problem when chili growing is over watering..was certainly mine earlier on in the season,use a good tomato fertilizer or chili focus (but only after 12 weeks or so) if plants are doing well only fertilize every 2 weeks or off course you can use manure as a fertilizer if you wish..best of luck:)

Back