• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Norvic's Cooking Adventures

Since my last "adventure" really doesn't fit into an existing thread,I decided to start my own...
Today's lunch..Oven roasted pork knuckle with taters.
Chop an onion into thick slices and put the knuckle on top inside a roasting pan.The knuckle is covered with a mix consisting of evoo,mustard,salt,pepper and a whole bunch of dried cayenne flakes.
Add a good splash of red ale in the roasting pan and put it in a 220C preaheated oven.Half an hour later add potatoes,florina peppers and a green bell pepper.Add the rest of the ale.
Adjust the heat to 170C and roast for 2 hours basting the knuckle with juices from the pan every now and then.
When it's done,don't eat it.Put what's left of the onions,juices from the pan and feta cheese into a food processor and make a sauce.Then serve it,add freshly ground pepper and hot paprika et voila....

I almost cried....

BigB said:
your cheese sauces look really good. could you tell me what your general approach is?
Pretty easy actually.A quartered onion in the roasting pan next to whatever is cooking and when the onion is roasted put it into a food processor along with juices from the pan,add cheese(blue or feta),freshly ground black pepper and the sauce is ready!

Got home late from work last night...all I wanted was a quick snack.Let's see what's in the fridge..
Half a chicken breast,souvlaki pita things and a bunch of sweet peppers.
Pan roast chicken and peppers,mustard and mayo and a couple of bird's eyes.Pitas under the broiler for a couple of minutes and I got myself some sort of a pita sandwich thing...

JayT said:
I have never seen beer can chicken done that way, but I can imagine it would be terrific.

Hey Jay.can you elaborate please?
Yep..it was great.

What I meant was cooked over rice like that. I have always done mine on the grill. I bet all the juices flavored that rice nicely.

Back