• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

i.d. help ! all veterans !

got some seeds in a train , yellow 7 pod , y. brainstrain , y.primo . these 2 guys come off a plant marked as yellow brain . ( garden ) but definitely not 

IMG_0761.JPG

these guys from 7 gal. container was marked yellow 7 pot .
IMG_0760.JPG

now the first 2 in the garden are marked  yellow primo but not ripened yet 1 is starting but looking orangish red . will post pic.when ripe the last plant is marked yellow 7pod not quite ripe yet either but huge pods but very bumpy . will post pic. when fully ripe . but whats the low down on these 2 ? 

top could be 7 pot yellow

the bottom pic looks like yellow butch t

seeds on the train usually are open pollinated so will not always look true. they could just be crossed with something thats why the look a typical.

moruga welder said:
got some seeds in a train , yellow 7 pod , y. brainstrain , y.primo . these 2 guys come off a plant marked as yellow brain . ( garden ) but definitely not 

attachicon.gif
IMG_0761.JPG

these guys from 7 gal. container was marked yellow 7 pot .
attachicon.gif
IMG_0760.JPG

now the first 2 in the garden are marked  yellow primo but not ripened yet 1 is starting but looking orangish red . will post pic.when ripe the last plant is marked yellow 7pod not quite ripe yet either but huge pods but very bumpy . will post pic. when fully ripe . but whats the low down on these 2 ?
Top one look like yellow sevinas, suppose they could be 7 pots. The bottom ones look like a yellow brainstrainish x Butch T cross. I know this probably doesn't help but the pods don't look like they should. Are these the 1st pods from the plants?

heres more of the yellow butch t / brains . picked today . and the plant their on . suppose to be 7 pod ( yellow . they smell great and a excellent flavor ! saving all seeds !
IMG_0763.JPG

heres the plant they came off of .

IMG_0764.JPG

now these nasty ladies are on a yellow 7 pod plant in the garden , huge , bumpy and narly !
IMG_0765.JPG

looks a 3 way split between the types mentioned in the above posts. I'm leaning towards the ButchT/7pod/(scotch bonnet, hab, naga) mix...
  I'm sure that helps alot....hahaha ;)

Bottomline.... snatch one up and take a bite.

CAPCOM said:
Top one look like yellow sevinas, suppose they could be 7 pots. The bottom ones look like a yellow brainstrainish x Butch T cross. I know this probably doesn't help but the pods don't look like they should. Are these the 1st pods from the plants?

LUCKYDOG said:
Not all peppers get that bumpy look I had yellow 7's growing next to each other one smooth and one bumpy. Dont think that because they dont have bumps they arent true.

Good points, both. There's a LOT of variability in pods under the best of circumstances, and it isn't always due to genetics. I'm guessing that's the reason CAPCOM asked if they were the first pods from the plants; it's been my experience that the first pods are usually going to be the biggest and least likely to be affected by environmental factors. As you get later in the season, plants tend to produce smaller, smoother pods.

Last picture certainly yellow 7 pot ...as to the others who would know for certain. Top ones look a little like yellow 7pot Chaguanas and the other like a Yellow cardi Scorpion

Wicked Mike said:
Good points, both. There's a LOT of variability in pods under the best of circumstances, and it isn't always due to genetics. I'm guessing that's the reason CAPCOM asked if they were the first pods from the plants; it's been my experience that the first pods are usually going to be the biggest and least likely to be affected by environmental factors. As you get later in the season, plants tend to produce smaller, smoother pods.
My experience has been opposite. My first are small and very little heat. Usually the plant isn't mature enough to support larger peppers or the heat. My .02

LUCKYDOG said:
My experience has been opposite. My first are small and very little heat. Usually the plant isn't mature enough to support larger peppers or the heat. My .02
WELL YOU'RE WRONG!

(I kid)

Could it be the difference in climate? What I mean to say is, being a northern grower, I figure you're probably starting as soon as the last danger of frost is over, but the weather's probably still cool. The coolest weather I've usually got down here is in the seventies and occasionally sixties during the winter, and I've noticed an enormous difference in the speed with which my plants take off in the warmer months (you can practically watch them grow). I tend to see smaller, less impressive fruit on not just the peppers but also tomatoes, eggplant, etc. as the season progresses, just because the plants can only support so much.

Possibly but typically first peppers are usually the smallest. Sounds like you can over winter your plants outdoors with out issue. I start seed in Jan - Feb and its around Mothers Day before they will go outside. It has been so damn hot this year its messing with a lot of my plants. Hard to complain though after shoveling 3ft of snow 7 months ago and in another 4 months I will be burning wood like its my job. 

moruga welder said:
heres more of the yellow butch t / brains . picked today . and the plant their on . suppose to be 7 pod ( yellow . they smell great and a excellent flavor ! saving all seeds !
attachicon.gif
IMG_0763.JPG

heres the plant they came off of .

attachicon.gif
IMG_0764.JPG

now these nasty ladies are on a yellow 7 pod plant in the garden , huge , bumpy and narly !
attachicon.gif
IMG_0765.JPG
These all look exactly like the yellow 7 pod that I grew last year.  I also noted a surprisingly good smell and taste, instantly became my favorite superhot thus far!

Back