• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Caribbean Red Harvest

I just picked these today and I'm going to make a sauce with them.

Attachments

• carribbean.jpg
    carribbean.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 56
Burning Colon said:
though not my mostest favourite, they certainly rank up there, easy to grow and always very productive.
good job.
I kind of got stuck this year with 40 plants my neighbor bought me and I paid him for them. They were plants in 2 packs for $1.50. So I have them coming out my ears lol. But I really like their flavor and they make an excellent tasting sauce without having to add any fruit and sweetener like honey in the sauce. Its one of the few sauces I like the taste of that has only peppers, onion,garlic,salt and vinegar.

one never gets stuck with virtually free plants. i agree they have a decent flavour and i will grow them again. i am stuck though as whether red habs or caribbean reds grow better. i have had years where red habs out performed c/r's but that might have been the age of the seeds.  burpee's red habanero seeds are the bomb, they grow well, produce early and are very productive. i wish i had c/r last year to do a one on one comparison, i was bathing in red habaneros.

at one time i was only growing caribbean reds until last year when i purchase several red habanero seeds/plants from various suppliers.

i have never had the pleasure of growing red savina, had a chance at genuine GNS seed but then passed it up knowing they were a hybrid and being a grower/seed saver that would not have any interest for me, thus why i wouldn't trade with anyone selling red savina without proof they are GNS genuine seed. the only  hybrid i grow today are sungold tomatoes.

Back