• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Opinions on what's going on with my Hungarian Pumpkin pepper.

I gave it a shot of Cal-mag a couple days ago. It's flowering and giving me pods.
What do you read from the leaves?
I've been trying to get this guy back to healthy.

Dosing a plant with too much epsom salts will render like conditions.
Anytime you dose the plants with something or change an environmental condition and the plant physically undergoes a change, you have to equate those changes as a result to the physical or environmental change the plant was subjected to. However, I have found some pepper varieties from time to time exhibit leaves like the ones on your plant. I have a couple in my garden that look like yours right now. very little nutrients or fertilizers and no over watering at all. In fact, last night is the first time I have watered them since they went into the ground. It may be that these particular plants require different lighting conditions.

Was almost expecting to see webs on this plant, but the rain will wash them away.  Look close with a magnifying lens for spider mites.  If you find any, run the plants under water in your sink often until you get something to treat it with.  The mites like dry leaves.  Keep it away from other plants.

Thrips cause similar damage from what I understand. Definitely get a loupe and go scouting.

Had a larvae on one plant but he dead now and Spinosad is on the order list.

Back