• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Kentucky man shoots down drone

moruga welder said:
a kentucky man was fined 1800 dollars for shooting down a drone that was hovering up over his sunbathing daughter ,  couldn't help but to think of Ajdrew !  i remember a quote he said about kentuckians and rifles = drones !  lol     :onfire:
anyone know the law on if you have private property rights in the air over you land? Peeping Tom drones.

Paparazzi have done this without flight for a while.

I think into a window is generally illegal while outside is generally legal.

96strat said:
anyone know the law on if you have private property rights in the air over you land? Peeping Tom drones.
don't know , but i can't  blame him . i'll do the same thing ! but from a different angle and distance , no shell left behind etc., etc. you know what i'm getting at .    :shh:
JoynersHotPeppers said:
Think you own 500 foot above your property. He got fined not so much for the drone but firing the gun where he did inside town limits and what not. I think he still has his day in court however to get it all dropped. 
great their free game where i'm at ! i live by the river out in the country amongst the trees ,deer , squirrel , can discharge any time i want ! no rules here !       :onfire:

http://www.dailydot.com/technology/sexual-harassment-drone/
JoynersHotPeppers said:
Think you own 500 foot above your property. He got fined not so much for the drone but firing the gun where he did inside town limits and what not. I think he still has his day in court however to get it all dropped.
if you own 500 feet above your property and you can't fly these drones above 500 feet FAA rules there should be a law to put there folks in jail for peeping Tom trespassing!

drone op will win this one ... and in court, i'm sure it'll come up: how many shots didn't hit, and where did they land ...

there are slices in the air space above your property, and you don't own them all ... as long as the drone was flying in the slot, homeowner just damaged someone's property - it's pretty cut and dry ...

geofencing will come, but people will have to forfeit the eventual conveniences to have it (no Amazon 1 hr delivery service, videos, pizzas, beer) ...

it's a tough one, and i'm on the fence about it ...

someone posted above, you are not allowed to record the inside of the house or anywhere where a normal person can expect privacy ... traditionally, the yard has not been protected under that ...

and just for the sake of conversation ... cessna pilots who do land surveying how been sharing coordinates for topless sunbathers for three or four decades ...

most women bathing topless sit up and wave ... kind of like when boats pass by waterfront properties ...

it's a contentious situation out there with drone's right now ... which is why i don't fly mine ...

If a drone was creeping over my property and checking out my teenage daughter, it would be fair game for me as well.

i think i would drive and look to confront the operator ...

and, if it was happening regularly, i would find them within a few instances ...

i think in the long run the chips for commercial drones will have beaconing and will accept signals (aka be backdoored, if they aren't already TBH - PS, I think they are) ...

air traffic control and homeland security will have overrides to send the drones back to their home point, guaranteed ...

it's going to be ok ...

it's all a little bit loosely defined right now, but it won't be for long ...

what's interesting is that a lot of you who are anti- don't realize the slippery slope tied to your beloved gun rights ...

start campaigning against freedoms and see where that gets you, really =)

that drone is someone else's "gun" ... get used to it.

grantmichaels said:
i think i would drive and look to confront the operator ...

and, if it was happening regularly, i would find them within a few instances ...

i think in the long run the chips for commercial drones will have beaconing and will accept signals (aka be backdoored, if they aren't already TBH - PS, I think they are) ...

air traffic control and homeland security will have overrides to send the drones back to their home point, guaranteed ...

it's going to be ok ...

it's all a little bit loosely defined right now, but it won't be for long ...

what's interesting is that a lot of you who are anti- don't realize the slippery slope tied to your beloved gun rights ...

start campaigning against freedoms and see where that gets you, really =)

that drone is someone else's "gun" ... get used to it.

wait for the govt or leet hacker drones that piggy back everyones wifi somehow and have way bigger batteries

D3monic said:
if they had been spying on my daughter chances are they wouldn't of made it out of the yard either. I like my privacy. The moment you start invading that is the moment I get violent. 

if i'm not mistaken, the way our puritan laws work, you aren't on the right side of the law to be naked in your yard ... pretty sure it's indecent exposure as it's written ...

for now, you can go inside - that's just how it is ... for now.

good luck getting that one changed, too. plenty of puritanism remaining to prevent that ...
Heckle said:

wait for the govt or leet hacker drones that piggy back everyones wifi somehow and have way bigger batteries

anti-drone measures have been open sourced for years already ...

https://github.com/samyk/skyjack

the vehicles aren't very quiet, sturdy, or have long flight times ...

it's hard to get spied on unknowingly because the rotor wash sound of the quad sits in an annoying frequency range ...

nobody is getting spied on unknowingly ...

a model blimp using gps could just circle your house at 500 ft with a nice telephoto HD camera aboard almost indefinitely

grantmichaels said:

if i'm not mistaken, the way our puritan laws work, you aren't on the right side of the law to be naked in your yard ... pretty sure it's indecent exposure as it's written ...

for now, you can go inside - that's just how it is ... for now.

good luck getting that one changed, too. plenty of puritanism remaining to prevent that ...

anti-drone measures have been open sourced for years already ...

https://github.com/samyk/skyjack

the vehicles aren't very quiet, sturdy, or have long flight times ...

it's hard to get spied on unknowingly because the rotor wash sound of the quad sits in an annoying frequency range ...

nobody is getting spied on unknowingly ...

I was talking about you tracking them down. Pretty sure theres a simple fix for skyjack. Im talking about network hopping for extended range, remote control...etc

Heckle said:
a model blimp using gps could just circle your house at 500 ft with a nice telephoto HD camera aboard almost indefinitely

The goveration's (corpogov's?) version is regular size.

Heckle said:

I was talking about you tracking them down. Pretty sure theres a simple fix for skyjack. Im talking about network hopping for extended range, remote control...etc

that's the whole deal w/ the open-routers the one company was installing w/ their cable service ...

we're headed there ...

one big open net where we can't possibly have the upper hand ...

oh well ...

mmm this kool aid is pretty fucking tasty.

if i just keep telling myself how tasty this kool aid is ...

You will see an onslaught of jammers entering the market that will be short range(virtually untraceable) that jam multiple freqs used by commercially available drones. That will fix them!

Heckle said:

The goveration's (corpogov's?) version is regular size.
I see model rocketry making a huge comeback.

CAPCOM said:
You will see an onslaught of jammers entering the market that will be short range(virtually untraceable) that jam multiple freqs used by commercially available drones. That will fix them!

I agree.

The things barely fly well-enough as it is ...

They are incredible vulnerable ...

grantmichaels said:

that's the whole deal w/ the open-routers the one company was installing w/ their cable service ...

we're headed there ...

one big open net where we can't possibly have the upper hand ...

oh well ...

mmm this kool aid is pretty f**king tasty.
if i just keep telling myself how tasty this kool aid is ...

lol, backdoors probably already exist into every make of router already

Back