• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What to do with 500 ripe Thai Peppers

I'm not a huge fan of the normal thai peppers. My neighbor gave me 6 plants and I gave 1 to my brother. Now they are about 20 inches tall each have a 100 ripe ones and at-least another 100 unripe ones on each plant. They are so thin walled and have tons of seeds in them. Any ideas what to do with so many of these peppers ?

BTW- my wife and neighbor like their looks and think they are so cute lol.

Thanks !

Attachments

• thai.JPG
    thai.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 56
JoynersHotPeppers said:
Honestly if you can dry them they make awesome go to crushed peppers or powder. It adds heat without really changing flavor. 
do you prefer to use a dehydrator or let them dry in the sun since they are such a small thin wall pepper

SavinaRed said:
do you prefer to use a dehydrator or let them dry in the sun since they are such a small thin wall pepper
I dehydrate so I am in control and not dependent on weather or other factors. For personal use many times I have strung up a few hundred and let them dry to use for Xmas decorations :) 
jedisushi06 said:
send them to me instead lol
No :)

If you dry or powder the thai chilis, you can add small portions to any other powders or flakes you might make from other, less hot chilis, giving what would otherwise be bland a nice little zing.

I am the PepperDaemon.

SavinaRed said:
i will give this a try

there are a million types of oils to try with this...just be sure not to get the oil too hot. Avoid cheap oils ....this is stuff is fantastic and it goes good on everything!

Back