event CA Hot Sauce Expo - A Vendor's Perspective (iloveitspicy.com)

I Liked it on THP, when the links come through for those other sites, I'll LIKE there also...

I liked it, but walked away with this image of you ending that month with your hair standing on its end.  You are impressively dedicated to your business.

Reactions: SL3
Great write up Scott on the Cali festival! Two-Hundred Dollars in Sauce! Boy, I was in the wrong contest. Wish I would have made it there Saturday. Would  any of those Culley's sauces you got happen to be the Reaper Chipotle? That stuff is crazy good. I emptied your Black Label and that bottle in about two weeks. They were both on my desk at work and they went on everything. Now that I know Ann has a Chipotle sauce I will have to try that one too. Ann, next time bring some of your sauces please! :D  I really like the idea of some live music, that definitely would have been perfect for that event. You all really did a great job out there. 

ajdrew said:
I liked it, but walked away with this image of you ending that month with your hair standing on its end.  You are impressively dedicated to your business.

The "month from hell" actually hasn't stopped - we came back, I did 6 farmers markets in a week, then the next weekend had the Fremont Festival of the Arts. And I've got 5 more festivals booked between now & October.  And we just made batches of every variety this week, so in addition to everything else the last 6 weeks were spent scrambling to source ingredients. :woohoo: 
SL3 said:
Great write up Scott on the Cali festival! Two-Hundred Dollars in Sauce! Boy, I was in the wrong contest. Wish I would have made it there Saturday. Would  any of those Culley's sauces you got happen to be the Reaper Chipotle? That stuff is crazy good. I emptied your Black Label and that bottle in about two weeks. They were both on my desk at work and they went on everything. Now that I know Ann has a Chipotle sauce I will have to try that one too. Ann, next time bring some of your sauces please! :D  I really like the idea of some live music, that definitely would have been perfect for that event. You all really did a great job out there. 

Actually it was only an 8-pack of sauce - the winner also received a hoodie, t-shirt, tank top for his girl, signed poster, Dia del Perro beach towel (one of only 10 made), pint glasses, shot glasses, stickers, chip clips, a LDHS baseball cap and a beautiful certificate, suitable for framing, signed and dated with their name written in. It was quite the prize package!
:D 
Oh, and Ann's Chipotle BBQ Sauce is legendary - I believe it's a Golden Chile winner? Scovie? I forget which - might be both. SL? 
Ps - yeah - I've got everything Culley's makes, including the Reaper sauce. 

Reactions: SL3
Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:

A while back I was asked to contribute a brief write-up to the new ILoveitSpicy,com newsletter about the 1st Annual California Hot Sauce Expo. :dance:

If you're interested in a vendor's perspective on the event, take a look at the link here: 

http://www.iloveitspicy.com/2015/08/01/1st-annual-ca-hot-sauce-expo-review/

Love & hot sauce
:cheers:

Scott

Note: not a professional writer. Be kind.

The article was great and you have a great way with putting your thoughts/experience into words. As I was reading the article I was imagining what it was like to be there. Great job !

PS- I still have to get over to Haystack and have a cold one with you downtown.

Cheers ! :beer:

Back