• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Must Have Pepper

So I plan on growing some Carolina Reaper's, Ghost Peppers, Chocolate Habs, and some Red Savina's. Is there any Pepper you would recommend growing that is your must have pepper whether it be because of taste or just how awesome the pod looks? I would prefer a pepper that is good eaten raw or great in salsas, but I'm open to what you guys think is a must have pepper.

Thanks
  :party:

:welcome: to THP!

This would probably be a matter of taste and personal preference. You have to figure out which peppers YOU like best. But for whatever it's worth, I would say Aji Fantasy, Malih-Helow, Bahamian Goat, MoA Scotch Bonnet, and CARDI Yellow Scorpion are some of my personal favorites so far. But that is me.

I'll second Bahamian Goat for flavor. Has a real nice heat as well. Bhut Orange Copenhagen, Aleppo are good with low heat and make great powder, Caramel Moruga Scorpion has good flavor and extreme heat

For looks BBM (Big Black Mama), Kraken, Brain Strain (I love the flavor of these), 7 Pot Bubblegum is cool (love the taste of these as well), M.A. Wartryx, Primo, Jays Peach Ghost Scorpion, CP115 (Douglah x Trinidad Scorpion Butch T), Trinidad Scorpion Butch T, Judy @ PepperLover.com has some pretty cool and gnarly creations

For taste it's aji mango hands down! I also enjoy SB7J, peach scorpanero,bishop's crown,farmers market jalapeno, guarmal, aleppo, and aji limon/aji pineapple for their flavor. For heat, I love the chocolate bhutlah sm

I'll second the Thai peppers but I will say go for the "Large" Orange Thai.  Average size is about 4.5" long and they are pretty chunky pepper,  THey have a fruity sweet taste and no waxy aftertaste. Around 20k scoville so great for just snacking and they make great salsa also. 

I like them so much I grew six plants this year. 

I grew some wild brazil (cumari do para) last year and was pleasantly surprised by them.  Good flavor and a good kick from such a small pepper.  Used to pop em like candy straight off the plant as soon as they were ripe.  That, and the plant itself is very prolific and looks really cool when its loaded with tiny yellow peppers!

wild brazil and cumari do para are completely different plants. Though both good. Cumari packing some serious heat for such a small pod. 

Fatali
Datil
Choc Hab/ Jamacian Choc
Chocolate Bhut
Caribbean Red
Aji Pineapple
Brazilian Starfish
Bishops Crown
Cherry Bomb
Jalapeno

These will give you a good variety of heat levels all with great flavor. There are many others as well that are really good. These 10 just stand out to me.

First-time grower, but I was blown away by the smoky, tasty flavor of the Moruga Scorpion chocolate. Of course, a little goes a long way, but even friends of mine who aren't into super hots were pleasantly surprised at the flavor once they got past the heat. 

PT-Six said:
First-time grower, but I was blown away by the smoky, tasty flavor of the Moruga Scorpion chocolate. Of course, a little goes a long way, but even friends of mine who aren't into super hots were pleasantly surprised at the flavor once they got past the heat. 
I'm going to grow them next year I just ordered some seeds of various chocolates including the moruga and the bhut. from Judy.

OK FOR SALSAS AND EVERYDAY FRESH SNACKING-AND MUST GROW YOU CANT BEAT CHILE DE AGUA.HANDS DOWN HARD TO BEAT.NOW FOR BEST LOOKING POD WITH FLAVOR BBG7 YELLOW.THIS ISNT THE GNARLIEST OR EVIL LOOKING BUT THE YELLOW BLEEDIN CALYX AND HEAT PLUS FLAVOR MAKE IT A MUST GROW!IN MY OPINION.

Back