• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Aji Type?

Seeds were gifted me and marked Jay's Red Ghost Scorpion. 

Its a mild to Medium heat pepper, plant is a big bushy Aji type looks to me.  Pods are crunchy and firm with a bit of sweetness. 

29uvwc8.jpg

Helvete said:
Could be Dedo de Moca if it's actually a C. baccatum.  Are the flowers white and yellow?

I'll have to check the flowers tomorrow, I didnt play close attention to them.  I'll post back with picks and such, thx for taking the time to answer. 

I am revisiting this thread to post another pic.  All pods are starting to look like this now, the first couple ripe one picture above were contorted.  So I thought I would share the more uniform looking pod shapes.  Its very big also, fits across my palm. 
'

20tq72d.jpg

Helvete said:
Dedo de moca is my best guess, that's definitely a C. baccatum

I have some more pictures to share.  These peppers are quite large so not sure if they are Dedo De Moca, could they also be Aji Colorado? 

https://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/product_view/caribbeangardenseed/8428108/pepper_chile_aji_colorado_chile_peppers_capiscum_baccatum__sweet_peppers_similar_to_habaneros_but_without_the_heat/handmade/plants/seeds/fruits_and_vegetables

73oz89.jpg

2dtdvvd.jpg

nyw6j7.jpg

I wish Aji Joe could take a look at these! 

The coloration matches Dedos, and most of them I've grown have been around 3-4" but not quite that wide.  I've never had Aji Colorado so I don't really have anything to go by with those.  Looks like a good baccy whatever they are :)

Thx Helvete, much appreciated.  Its a fantastic pepper so I will grow again for sure. 

The size and health of the peppers may just be the beneficiary of Rabbit poop I amended to soil when planting.  I grow mostly in 5 gallon buckets so I filled my buckets 3/4 of the way up then layered an inch of rabbit poop and finished filling with soil and the plant. 

cheers

they are AJI AMARILLO aka AJI YELLOW

IT LOOKS LIKE A MISTAKE WAS MADE SOMEWHERE BUT IM NOT SURE WHO EXACTLLY, I mself would rather have the aji yellow over the Ghost scorp
sorry if the mistake was mine

thanks your friend Joe

D3monic said:
Hmm, my amarillo are larger and orange...am I picking them too early. Didn't think they had a red phase

I'ver grown the Yellow Amarillo and the Orange, and to me this chili is not an Amarillo.  It went straight from green to red, never a hint of another color. 

Is there such a thing as a Red Amarillo pepper? 

If Ajijoe says they are Amarillo I guess its possible they are some kind of cross? 

Its a really fantastic pepper though, I am growing agin next year for sure! 

Back