• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Sausage Throwdown

Who made the best sausage?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
boo dan!

WWKhhsw.gif

I was supposed to try to make sausage, but there was already a mess left behind my brew day that got pushed back two days (into the TD), and just couldn't add meat fat covered shit to the equation in the current climate here w/ Danielle ... lol.

All Deathtosnails needed to do is stuff that big bad boy into a Sourdough Roll with sauteed onions, red and green bell peppers and a little mustard. Add a little Macaroni Salad on the side and I would have given him my Best Dish vote too. 

hot stuff said:
Yeah, I was looking for a little more competition. Who doesn't make sausage?

But it was fun and I'm set for breakfast for a week now. :)
I thought given I put up a prize for the best sausage that I shouldn't play this round.  Booma was going to throw down as he was helping with postage but it sounds like he managed to get himself hospitalised in the lead up.    All good.  

grantmichaels said:
I was supposed to participate, but found myself lacking the energy/care after an extended brew day willing my big stout to gravity ...

I haven't even finished cleaning up my mess from that, let along to have added more equipment for trying to make sausage ...

=)
Are you kidding me. Stout and Sausages (even if it weren't fermented yet) could have been epic.  :)

I had to work all weekend and wouldn't of had a chance to make any sausage. Not to mention the whole stuffing process turns me off. I can eat them.. but I don't want to see them made. 

For best sausage DTS jumped out at me. Just the coloration of the meat, use of the seasonings and the apples in it did it for me almost as much as a asian redhead. 

As for meal it was a toss up. both looked good. More than anything I just wanted to make it a tie for dramatics cause I would of ate both. Hotstuffs would of been good with some bhut mustard and a thin layer of braunshwager on it... mmmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back