• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

cuisines Taco Bell Ghost Pepper and Habanero Grillers

Literally just ran to bell taco and got all three. Pretty disappointed overall. My sister says the chipotle smells like foot. And to me the Hab and ghost are way too similar. There's a true lack of flavor. I wish they woulda just put raw slivers in it. Least then it's living up to the name.

Nah, I live in Wyoming. We don't have Taco Bell. We have Taco John's. I wouldn't expect much from a fast food chain, anyways.

ChileHeadCliff said:
. I wish they woulda just put raw slivers in it. 
I think you could put your own slivers on.   If you are growing some that is.  I can't see how they could legally do something like that, because I can imagine many workers would end up with the oils on their hands somehow and end up trying to sue taco bell. 

laynlow said:
I think you could put your own slivers on.   If you are growing some that is.  I can't see how they could legally do something like that, because I can imagine many workers would end up with the oils on their hands somehow and end up trying to sue taco bell. 
Had a less than stellar production so far this season. But point being that they really needed to let some of these flavors speak for themselves. To me this shenanigans ranks right down there with the Wendy's ghost fries.

ChileHeadCliff said:
Had a less than stellar production so far this season. But point being that they really needed to let some of these flavors speak for themselves. To me this shenanigans ranks right down there with the Wendy's ghost fries.
Oh don't get me wrong I agree 100%, but now "Ghost Pepper"  has become gimmicky everyone is going to rush to put produtct out with the name ghost pepper on it to sell, sell ,sell.  It's only a matter of time until we see a Carolina Reaper Whopper.

laynlow said:
Oh don't get me wrong I agree 100%, but now "Ghost Pepper"  has become gimmicky everyone is going to rush to put produtct out with the name ghost pepper on it to sell, sell ,sell.  It's only a matter of time until we see a Carolina Reaper Whopper.
Yeah but it'd mean people would actually pay attention to our art to know that a ghost isn't the hottest. I even know pro growers that still claim the scorpion as the hottest.

I had my first Ghost griller today,,,I like Taco Bell,,and I was surprised at the heat.

I was telling my helper before I ate it,,that no public places will add real heat,,so I was skeptical to say the least..but was pleasantly surprised....It may have just been they put on extra sauce at the location I was at, but I dug it! 

Kevin

wayright said:
I had my first Ghost griller today,,,I like Taco Bell,,and I was surprised at the heat.

I was telling my helper before I ate it,,that no public places will add real heat,,so I was skeptical to say the least..but was pleasantly surprised....It may have just been they put on extra sauce at the location I was at, but I dug it! 

Kevin

I agree was the hottest thing i have ever had from a fast food joint . 

laynlow said:

i wonder if they actually do put some ghosts in, but for legal reasons don't put enough in the sauce in order to avoid lawsuits from customers.  

Had one this past Friday night.

Taste:Like your normal taco bell fare, nothing special at all there.
Heat:Idgi, was this supposed to be hot? Again, nothing special at all.

Baby steps are happening people. We should be glad that they are even trying. Once they realize that there are many of us out there, there might be something hot for us at all the FF joints. To me, still, the best is the spicy chicken at Wendys. Of course I add more hot stuff to mine, but its a damn fine start.

ColdSmoke said:
problem is you have to eat the TBell meat. I had the habanero one and I could actually taste habanero flavor but it was still gross because of the "beef"
Your taco bell use the ice scream scooper or caulk gun for the "beef"?

I used our Wildfire to bring the heat...

11870687_10206117262304809_7154981158697648533_n.jpg

Back