• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

HotandHeavy's Seed Giveaway

Hi all,

I'm pretty new here but have already been the recipient of much help and kindness. In that spirit I'd like to give something back some to the community. So... I'm offering seeds. I'm currently growing, 7 Pot Primo, Carolina Reaper, Bhut Jolukia, not Trinidad Scorpion and not Chocolate Scorpion. They are/will be my only seed source for now so that's what I can give. The 'nots' are super hots and the Chocolate has brown pods but neither type has the classic Scorpion bonnet or tail. They are quite lovely though.

Anyhow, you send nothing. I live in Canada so as long as they won't be stopped at a border, I don't mind sending anywhere in the world. I'm going to cover the shipping costs. All I'll need is your mailing address and preference of seeds. You'll receive 6 seeds per species and can pick up to 3 of the 5 different varieties. I'll have a very limited amount of the not Chocolate seeds as there aren't a lot of pods on this plant. I am only now starting to harvest pods so it might take some time to fill all requests but I'll do it as quickly as I'm able. I'm going to limit this to the first 15 people for now as I'm only working with the seeds from 10 plants in total. Anyone registered here may claim some seeds. Post below if you're interested and thanks again for all the help everyone. :fireball:

Dont need any seeds, just posting because I love the spirit of your giveways and the reasons behind it, you are doing this right!

howdy from Texas!!! im still kinda new to this growing hot pepper thing, and i would love to have some seeds for next year!!!
at your convenience, please send some reapers, 7 pot and Trinidad scorpions.
thanks so much for the free offer. all i have growing now is Caribbean reds. i will send you some seeds this fall when they are ready.

rickster said:
howdy from Texas!!! im still kinda new to this growing hot pepper thing, and i would love to have some seeds for next year!!!
at your convenience, please send some reapers, 7 pot and Trinidad scorpions.
thanks so much for the free offer. all i have growing now is Caribbean reds. i will send you some seeds this fall when they are ready.
You've got it! pm me your address and I'll let you know when they are on their way. :)

IMG_20150808_134035695.jpg

I'm in Canada too and I'd be down to trade some seeds. I've got some chocolate scorpions, several ghosts (various colors), datil and various habanero. Let me know.

Sure thing The_DoGMaN! Send me your address and preferences. My primos are still green so expect a slight delay but they'll be a coming.

I sent you a PM. Hope I'm not too late. I just started germinating my own seeds but I only have 1 plant, a Jalapeno so it's kinda boring. Would love to get more varieties in my garden!

It is very generous of you to offer a giveaway, thanks a lot!

Being the newb that I am, I've only just learned that it'll take 3 weeks for my seeds to dry. Patience will be rewarded. There are 10 spots left!

Cheers,
Brian

HotandHeavy said:
Being the newb that I am, I've only just learned that it'll take 3 weeks for my seeds to dry. Patience will be rewarded. There are 10 spots left!

Cheers,
Brian
3 weeks? I've never had to wait that long. Two to three days max works for me. What method are you using?

It was advice I found with a forum search. Seems a lot of people let them dry on a paper plate for 2-3 weeks. Is this overkill?

HotandHeavy said:
It was advice I found with a forum search. Seems a lot of people let them dry on a paper plate for 2-3 weeks. Is this overkill?
It couldn't hurt. I usually leave them on paper towels in direct sunlight for 2-3 days. Sometimes they need an extra day or two to fully dry but it might just be the extreme heat here helping. Average temps are around 95 F.

Back