• River Hills Barrel House

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • Someplace Brewing

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Ambient Brewing/Ale Works/Barrel House

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Hybrid Ale House

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moderation Barrel Works (slogan "We have none")

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
Well I have been back and forth over all of this for the past year trying to figure out names for the brewery. Much to my dismay, out of the around 100 names that myself or friends/family have come up with for brewery names, only a select few were not taken or associated with the industry.

This includes beer/wine/liquor/beverage names, slogans, company names, and the like, all of which have to be cross referenced when starting a brand.

Some of the worst ones were trying to get "Inspiration Ale Works" passed, only to have it shot down by Bells Brewing because their slogan says "inspired brewing" on some of their articles of clothing under the Bells Brewery logo. Others were not as bad, but bad enough. Another example of a friend of mines brewery was Hawks Hill Farmhouse Ales. They had to change their name because of a wine that is produced in California called Hawks Hill wine.

But enough about that, I have started a poll about what you as beer drinkers like to see in a name. 

Vote for more than one if you like, or even suggest your own in a post. While this poll will obviously not be the determining factor, it kind of shows me a way that I can go when it comes to branding.

RHBH has a nice ring and would be better/best in a suburban location, but Ambient Ale Works is my favorite of them all by far.  Note:  Not Ambient Brewing or Ambient Barrel House, screw those guys.  Ambient Ale Works is kickass.  (at least to me it is)

Best of luck Wheebz.  You've been an awesome resource for this community.

:)

I also like RHBH. While I like the Moderation one I have a feeling that political correct douche bags would take the slogan the wrong way, like you guys aren't responsible.

too many beards in names

Baldy Beard, Red Beard, Three Beards, Frothy Beard, Longbeard, and Neckbeard are just the breweries I can think of off the top of my head

forgive my layman's perspective.

does it have to be barrel house?

could it also be brewery or brewing instead of house?

so River Hills Barrel Brewery
or River Hills Barrel Brew
or River Hills Barrel Brewing
or something like that.

I probably don't know what I'm talking about.

but for some reason I was saying the name and house just seemed a bit..off.

The name as is could work though. And was my choice out of those options.

wheebz said:
too many beards in names

Baldy Beard, Red Beard, Three Beards, Frothy Beard, Longbeard, and Neckbeard are just the breweries I can think of off the top of my head
Wow that's funny. It's not just a stereotype then.

Hey wheebz, where exactly are you planning to build the brewery? I mean city, are you looking at like York, Lancaster...

Back