• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Pure Evil Dill Pickles

Brine:
1/4 cup pickling salt
2 cups apple cider vinegar
4 cups water

(scale the brine for as much as you need)

In half pint jars:
1 head of dill
1/8 tsp of alum (alternative is to use grape leaves)
1 tsp of red pepper flake
3 cloves crushed garlic
pack jar tightly with cucumbers
5 drops of pure evil (add after you put the brine into the jars)

Pour boiling brine in jars until 1/2 inch from the top.  Put on sanitized lid and lightly tighten the ring.  

Boil jars covered in water for 5 minutes.  Remove and snug down the ring.

nice recipe
Alum was used in the old days but is not recommended to use now do to the aluminum in it.
There are several types of leaves used to help keep both fermented and fresh pickles crisp. Oak leaves, sour cherry leaves and grape leaves are commonly used in different parts of the world. In fresh pickling, place one or two washed leaves at the bottom of each jar
also the blossom end contains enzymes that can cause softening. 
Remove at least 1/16th inch from the blossom end.

So how's that smell when you add the boiling brine to the jar with 5 drops of pure evil in it?  I'd imagine it would be gas mask time.  :)

bhut camp said:
Let a batch sit for a year and they will be epic!

I'm of the belief that they'd be epic about a month or so in.  In three months I think they'd be incredible, and in a year I'm of the persuasion that they'd be phantasmagorical...

Idiot piquaht...why do you decant the brine, add pure evil then return? The purpose of PE is to add to anything as is with no muss or fuss.
Sorry for the weird posting from the StupitPhoan. Thanks to FGpepperdude for posting the PE recipe.

Idiot Piquant said:
Big jars. Homogenous solution. Prolly just an anal retentive chef.

Although pickle spear roulette does sound fun!
AH!  :lol: 

I know of a pizza place that does Pure Evil Pizza roulette....one piece gets a couple drops of PE....  :fireball:

A local bar here does that to me. I order their suicide wings and every now and then the bartender/cook likes to burn me and adds a couple more drops of extract on a single wing (they already make me sweat without the extra help).

JayT said:
A local bar here does that to me. I order their suicide wings and every now and then the bartender/cook likes to burn me and adds a couple more drops of extract on a single wing (they already make me sweat without the extra help).
Why are they using extract?  Send me their name, I'll send them some PE....:cool:

Won't matter, they have been making this same sauce for about 12-15 years. It used Da Bomb and they refuse to change the recipe.

-sigh- it was worth a shot, I guess....

Which Pure Evil are you using? If its the 9.6 ten drops will blow your ears off your head!!!!

I was lucky enough to win a contest held by SalsaLady where she sent me a bottle of the 9.6 ( as well as many other things. She makes some bomb ass stuff). And that 9.6 million wwwwwwwoooooooeeeeeeee!!!!!!! Two drops is good for me! I can only imagine 10!!!

Back