salsalady

On Fire!

• Extreme Biz
  • 13,940 posts
  • aka:SL, HSL
  • (x8)

Posted 26 August 2016 - 06:47 PM

I'm trying!!!! router keeps having to reboot.... :banghead:

besides, I knew that if I stalled long enough someone else would do it for me~  :lol:  But that was the link I was trying to post.

PureEvilProducts
The Chile Addict's prayer-"Lord, grant me the wisdom to know it will be too hot, the courage to eat it anyway, and the serenity to accept the pain that follows. Amen"
PepperPeopleRock! 

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#22 bpiela

bpiela

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 27 June 2018 - 08:28 PM

I have a question.  Currently, I don't have 30 jalapenos that I have harvested from my garden yet. I know that I could just buy some more at the store but if I wanted to just use my jalapenos, could I do something to kinda preserve the earlier jalapenos until I have about 30 in total and then can do the recipe?  I know that I could always cut the recipe as well, but I was wondering if maybe I could grab an extra jar, pour in some vinegar and then put in whatever sliced jalapenos I might have until I have 30 peppers worth and then I can complete the recipe and the caning process.  I guess that it would take quite a bit of extra jars to do this....  Not sure if this is the best idea. 

#23 The Hot Pepper

The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 45,926 posts
  • aka:Pookie
  • (x3)

Posted 27 June 2018 - 08:37 PM

Do a short run?

#24 salsalady

salsalady

On Fire!

• Extreme Biz
  • 13,940 posts
  • aka:SL, HSL
  • (x8)

Posted 27 June 2018 - 11:52 PM

assuming you are looking at the pickled recipe...

make the brine and put it in a 1/2 gallon jar with a lid in the fridge.  As the peppers come on, slice 'em and put them in the jar in the fridge.  make sure to mix them in and make sure it is all covered with brine.  Add whatever other garlic/onion/shallot/ you want.  Keep at it until the plant is done or the jar is full.  At this point, you have a cold packed pickled pepper product.  If you want to BWB like the OP, just transfer the produce and brine to pint or 1/2 pint jars and process like a normal BWB. 

Or- repack into smaller jars and keep in the fridge

OR- just leave it in the big jar ~

The brine recipe is easy to scale up and down.  If the jar needs more brine, just mix up a bit.  The ingredients are cheap.  And it doesn't go bad.  Use what is needed now and save the rest in the fridge if you want!

Have Fun!

SL

PureEvilProducts
The Chile Addict's prayer-"Lord, grant me the wisdom to know it will be too hot, the courage to eat it anyway, and the serenity to accept the pain that follows. Amen"
PepperPeopleRock! 

#25 bpiela

bpiela

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 28 June 2018 - 07:02 AM

That was what I was looking for!  Thanks!

#26 bpiela

bpiela

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 07 July 2018 - 04:17 PM

So, I made brine according to instructions, simmering the water/vinegar/salt/sugar mix.  I sterilized my bottle, cut up a bunch of mixed jalapeno slices, put into sterilized jar, then covered with brine.  Once it cooled down a bit, I moved it to the fridge.  Here is a pic.  I will put in other vegetables at a later time.

pRj6mgh.jpg?1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests