• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

It's Now Tomato Time in Michigan!

A few heirloom tomatoes from the garden today. What will I do with them all? lol. This barely put a dent into the plle!

Chris

P1060764.jpg

This is not only a great pic, they also look soooo tasty! I feel tempted to take a bite of my screen! Good work, Chris!!!

Really? That's funny, because I also made it my screensaver after posting!!! I never replaced it before on this computer, but this pic was simply too good!!!

What variety are the yellow toms btw?

Darn Chris, I am jealous!

Only about three toms out of 60 plants are close to ripe. A week from now - I hope it is a different story and I have more than a bushel of toms to turn into juice.

Mike

I believe Yellow Ruffles. The ones I can recall in the picture are Yellow Ruffles, Orange Ruffles, Chocolate Ruffles, Egyptian Nile, Black Bell, Frankenstein Black, and one other.. I believe there was another yellow type in the pic too, but I sure can't remember!

Chris

My local produce markets sells them for $5.99 / lb and sells a lot! I should sit outside their door and sell for $2.99 /lb! lol.

Chris

Chris, do you have seeds for the ruffles? I would love to grow them next year. Cool pic!!! My toms really started ripening the last couple of days also.

Dale

I'll save some for you from the ripe tomatoes Dale. I don't believe I had many originals left as the original seed gifts I got from people on another forum were quite limited.

Chris

Man that is amazing! My tomatoes are all green except the cherry and grape varieties.

Heck, I'll be glad to harvest whats in your pic all year. :)

Beautiful maters!!! I'd be glad to have you send them here, take care of your problem, LOL. They look so good. Ours are still in the green stages, found a few ripe ones this morning.

Jackie

***running off to the kitchen to fix some bacon after I sneak a few toms off this pile***

great photo and it makes me want a bacon and mater sammich..

Some great looking Tomatoes Chris,wish i would have grown lots more variety's this year..but theres always next..is the Frankenstein Black a Russian heirloom :)

I haven't tasted any yet. I've given away many to family and friends. Ironically, I like tomatoes cooked and in sauces. I'm not a big fan of them fresh, with the exception of Pico de Gallo which I LOVE.

My daughter adores fresh tomatoes, but she's two so I'm not sure how her reviews will be.

I agree that Yellow Ruffles is a gorgeous variety.

Chris

POTAWIE said:
I really like the look of those yellow ruffles. Do you have any favorites yet Chris?

Why not I figured? It's time to document tomatoes I grow. I grow so few varieties compared to tomatoes it should be a breeze...well sort of. :lol:

Chris

P1060818.jpg

P1060819.jpg

P1060820.jpg

Back