Heaviest Pod Competition (C. Chinense). Win a Hornets Nest Gift Pack!

Hello there, I want to see your heaviest pod on a digital scale. Proof of life is a nickel on your scale showing 5 grams. You are competing for this. Contest ends on 9/28/15 at 8 PM EST. Lets get this rockin! also 20% off with the code BUTTHURT

RULES:
  • Must be a Capsicum Chinense pod
  • Must have a nickel on your scale showing 5 grams (+/- .2 is acceptable, this is for calibration purposes)
  • USA Only due to above rule
  • you can try and find a heavier pod if someone beats your entry

https://www.pexpeppers.com/product/hornets-nest-hot-sauce-gift-pack/

The Hornets Nest Gift Pack Contains the following hot sauces:

Cherry Popper Carolina Reaper Hot Sauce

Are you afraid of superhot pepper sauces? We here at PexPeppers aim to pop your super-hot cherry! This sauce contains gourmet black cherries, limes, and the ALMIGHTY Carolina Reaper Pepper for incredible heat. After you have eaten PexPeppers Cherry Popper it may feel like your first time again, but don’t worry it won’t be too bad. Use Sparingly. Heat 10+/10

5.0 Fl Oz

Ingredients: Carolina Reaper Peppers, Black Cherries, Vinegar, Wildflower Honey, Lime Juice.

Blackberry Super Nova Brainstrain Hot Sauce

With PexPeppers Blackberry Super Nova, you will feel the rush of Brain Strain 7 Pot peppers with a vibrant splash of blackberries and wildflower honey. This is THE sauce to get if you want to experience flavor on a whole new level. With its deep purple color you will swear you are eating Deep Space itself. But beware of the supernova explosion of heat! Heat: 9/10. PexPeppers is not liable for misuse of this sauce.

Ingredients: Blackberries, Brain Strain 7 pot peppers, Vinegar, Wildflower Honey.

KillerSWARM Moruga Scorpion Hot Sauce

Have you ever swallowed an entire swarm of killer bees? With PexPeppers KillerSWARM you'll swear you just did! KillerSWARM  is made with  evil Red Moruga Scorpions with a smattering of wildflower honey. Use VERY Sparingly.

KillerSWARM Trinidad Moruga Scorpion Hot Sauce can be used as an additive or straight; be very careful with the latter. It is great for steak, chili, pork, burgers, tacos, enchiladas and more! The floral taste of the red Trinidad Moruga Scorpion is complimented by our very own wildflower honey. It all ends in a burning tang with our hand squeezed lime juice to pull everything together. This is a sauce with more than 1 dimension, so if sweet, tangy, and brutally hot are your thing then KillerSWARM Trinidad Moruga Scorpion Hot Sauce is for you!

Heat 15/10.

Ingredients: Red Moruga Scorpions, Vinegar, Wildflower Honey, Lime Juice

Ahh cool Chinense only. Will have to do a walk through tomorrow and see if I can find anything worth entering. Haven't had my digi out in years. Glad I kept it

Cool contest. The Cherry Popper sounds good

Awe darn. My plants aren't producing yet and I am out of state. Pex has some wicked sauces, folks! Let's get some entries!

Rt27j35.jpg

Cheap scale is accurate enough, it seems.

Cgn21500 in the lead for now. Gotta start somewhere.
hNA6Tcp.jpg

Is it one pod per person or can we try and find a heavier pod if someone beats our entry? I have something I can enter now but have some things I'm keeping an eye on in the patch that aren't ripe yet. If one entry per person I might just wait until the 28th to see if the ones I'm watching ripen

Scorched said:
Is it one pod per person or can we try and find a heavier pod if someone beats our entry? I have something I can enter now but have some things I'm keeping an eye on in the patch that aren't ripe yet. If one entry per person I might just wait until the 28th to see if the ones I'm watching ripen
yes those rules apply.
alkhall said:
Previously posted pods eligible?

I had a 36 gram Yellow Sun Hab a couple of weeks ago in the other thread.
yes

alkhall said:
OK, may I post a link to that pic and then post a pic with the nickel on my scales?
hm. that could create some commotion. so no, you cant use past pods because who knows if your scale is accurate. but you must post a nickle on your scale then weigh a new pod.

PexPeppers said:
hm. that could create some commotion. so no, you cant use past pods because who knows if your scale is accurate. but you must post a nickle on your scale then weigh a new pod.
OK, scale pic anyway:
IMG_20150827_133411839_HDR.jpg

My submission, Venezuelan Tiger Pepper. Seeds from RefiningFireChiles (Jim Duffy):

IMG_20150827_140837138.jpg

Wish this was a few weeks back, I might have had some contenders. Biggest I could find now was a 29 gram black stinger. Great pods there everyone.

Back