• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Help me to decode the variety of my seeds

I'm trying to decode what kind of hybrid I received instead of Trinidad Moruga Scorpion seeds on eBay last year. I've ended up with a bunch of completely unique seedlings this year, and I would love to know their ancestors. I'm adding pictures of my seven plants as they grow. I'm trying to include plant appearance, unripe pods, ripening pods and fully ripe fruits. This season fruits will become ripe a bit later than usual, so I'll just add them when they complete.
I'm open for suggestions if you'd like to know more details or additional detailed photo. Help :)

http://cold-hardy.com/crossing-chili-peppers/#start

I've updated with some more photos. In a week, it should be clear what the final colours the pods will be when ripe. Now it looks like they will be mostly orange. 4 out of 7 started changing from green to orange. I'll let them grow until they either further change to red or get fully ripe.

I have a question about dominant and recessive genes and I hope some of you more experienced chilli growers will be able to help.
Last year, all pods were red and red is the dominant gene for color of the fruit, right? Now in the second generation, all the pods are appearing orange and one most likely even yellow. Last year, the color change was immediate from dark green to red, so I'm asking myself (and now others), is it possible they will become red with time, because of recessive gene, but somehow I've got gene (dominant most likely) combination that makes them change the color gradually - green-->orange-->red instead of just turning red.

Here's one of the large pods. This chilli is really one hell of a producer and pods size can't be compared to any other seedling.
F1chili2-4.jpg

All bets are off if you did not isolate each plant in your grow last year. No way to tell what has contaminated the original variety since first planting.

The plants were around 50m or more away from other peppers. I'm 100% certain they were self pollinated, especially because there was rain practically whole summer and all flying pollinators had really rough season. The seeds are from different pods, some of the seedlings would certainly be self pollinated, even if some pollen would get that far.

Edit: And these were bell peppers. I'm sure offspring would show their unique characteristics. These seedlings are from one plant. It was growing quite far away from other peppers. 

Back