• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Winter 2015-2016 indoor grow

I recently built a new room to grow indoors throughout the long Canadian winter.
XdLLa8hl.jpg

It is 8'x7' and is lit by 2400W of mostly LED lighting.  I will be using this to over winter a few of my container plants as well I have started some seeds (Aug 19th).
KwbwJVkl.jpg

For this winter I will have:
  • red habanero
  • chocolate ghost
  • orange Brazilian starfish
  • aji limon
  • 7 pot Primo yellow
  • 7 pot Jonah
  • 7 pot douglah
  • chocolate habanero
  • big sun habanero
  • naga morich
  • datil X unknown
  • MoA Jamaican scotch bonnet
  • datil
  • 7 pot douglah "red"
Possibly more depending on what I decide to bring in.  The room is setup for 10 dutch bucket style hydroponic stations though only 2 are currently in use.  Temperature is held at 28 deg C from 7pm to 7am then allowed to drop TO 22  deg C for the night cycle (82 deg F and 72 deg F).  I am using a 100 liter (27 gallon) reservoir that has a small beverage chiller hooked up to it maintaining 18C (65 F ).

It has been about 2 weeks since I seeded. So here is a quick update.
LYbQOgQh.jpg

uAzKbm7h.jpg

Very good germination rates.  Lost a couple that got stuck in the seed casing but all are progressing well.

So I guess this is about six weeks.  Had an issue with lack of calcium/magnesium that is hopefully corrected now.  Started a few new seeds that arrived recently and moved a couple of my plants in from outside.

8W0Oz5yh.jpg

xFIP3oLh.jpg

0OfqyMAh.jpg

Naga Morich has really taken off.

I am using 1800w of LED lighting (2x600 + 2x300) plus 600w of CFL.  Not much set up for ventilation, I have an oscillating fan blowing on the plants.  It is a tall tower type.  The double curtain I set up as a door helps to keep the heat in and allow enough cool air to exchange with the hot.  My thermostat on the chiller broke so I have to find a replacement.

The_DoGMaN said:
I am using 1800w of LED lighting (2x600 + 2x300) plus 600w of CFL.  Not much set up for ventilation, I have an oscillating fan blowing on the plants.  It is a tall tower type.  The double curtain I set up as a door helps to keep the heat in and allow enough cool air to exchange with the hot.  My thermostat on the chiller broke so I have to find a replacement.
which light?
advertised watts or have u checked it ?

u prob will want some air exchange,no?(co2 and lower humidity) I use pc fans(easy to wire and they r silent at)

i love pics =D 

The_DoGMaN said:
  What brand of LED are you using?

What are you using for your seed starting light?  What are you using for heat to get you to 82F during the day?

Nice work, btw.

Following. In Ontario and currently constructing an area inside strictly for super hots, with the same plan of putting out monsters come spring. Looking good man!!

SvtCobra said:
  What brand of LED are you using?
I have 2 MarsHydro 600w and 2 "blurple" 300w chinese Pioneer is the brand I think.

harjo02 said:
What are you using for your seed starting light?  What are you using for heat to get you to 82F during the day?

Nice work, btw.
I use an 18" T5HO light with reflector.  I have a seed heating mat that I use if I need it.  Generally I don't the small confined space plus the lighting holds the temperature just fine.

PepperHayes said:
Following. In Ontario and currently constructing an area inside strictly for super hots, with the same plan of putting out monsters come spring. Looking good man!!
Thank you be sure to post some pics!

Hope this works
sdp7QWY.jpg

EqunxzZh.jpg

TyxKwFuh.jpg

qXqo1Xzh.jpg

oYjq1UTh.jpg

The_DoGMaN said:
I have 2 MarsHydro 600w and 2 "blurple" 300w chinese Pioneer is the brand I think.

I am using the MarsHydro Reflector Series for my indoor grow this winter.
I use an 18" T5HO light with reflector.  I have a seed heating mat that I use if I need it.  Generally I don't the small confined space plus the lighting holds the temperature just fine.

Thank you be sure to post some pics!
Hope this works
sdp7QWY.jpg

EqunxzZh.jpg

TyxKwFuh.jpg

qXqo1Xzh.jpg

oYjq1UTh.jpg

Wow, so jealous of all that fun new growth! The 2016 season can't start soon enough for me, I'm getting anxious!

Back