wanted Looking for C.flexuosum seeds for 2016 season

I don't usually start collecting seeds for the next season so early, but this guy seems to be pretty rare.  Does anyone have seeds, or could refer me to someone who does?  Willing to pay or trade for seeds, though I'm assuming if you have C.flexuosum, I probably don't have anything interesting to trade for :)  But I can always try!

Yeah, they're rare alright. Nice flowers for a pepper also. I think pepperlover might have had some at one point.

Prodigal Son had them two years ago. I don't know if he has them now though.

This one and tovarii are on my want list. I have a sudden interest in wild peppers lately. I ordered some wild varieties from Judy but not these. I don't know if it is the challenge, uniqueness, rarity or a combination but they (wild) are interesting beyond just being peppers. Something different than growing the typical Aji or 7-pot. Hope you find them!

Jim

Care to share the source? I'd grow about 10 of these plants to produce more seeds for others to try. I have 15 extra pots sitting idle and it's still been over 100f... I could get these things set and overwintered for a hell of a crop come spring :)

CelticFarmer said:
Care to share the source? I'd grow about 10 of these plants to produce more seeds for others to try. I have 15 extra pots sitting idle and it's still been over 100f... I could get these things set and overwintered for a hell of a crop come spring :)

It was from a member here on THP.  If they want, I'll let them speak, but I should probably keep their privacy
chiltepin said:
They're hard to grow, apparently.  As KingD says, only three flowers set. 

Yea, thats what I've heard.  I've found a couple sites that said it really helps if you have 2-3 plants in close proximity, as cross pollination really helps with flowers setting.  I'll try and see if nature can handle it, and if not I'll have to hand pollinate

Back