Listing your phone number...

Now here might be a fun topic.  Do you provide a phone number with your business contact information?  I do not as a result of when I sold poultry.  I would get phone call after phone call asking all sorts of questions about raising chicken and ducks.  Although I do very much love the topic, like i love peppers, it gets hard to get a thing done when the phone keeps ringing with non-business related inquiry.

Email is much more manageable because you can answer when you are not in the middle of a field pulling weeds or what not.

So what do you do?

I provide my phone #. I do get some calls from people who just want to chat about peppers and hot sauce which is fine, but mostly they are from older people who are not computer savvy or comfortable giving out their credit card info online.

sicman said:
My number is public. If I'm busy I don't answer and return there message when I can.

This -- Figure just because the phone rings doesn't mean it has to be answered - that's what voice mail and/or answering machines are for - if it's a number you don't recognize let the machine answer it and screen accordingly based on the message they leave.

*what Siccy said~

I have to have a phone number on the label.  Something about the customer has to have a way to contact me immediately.  I'm not sure if that's still the case as I've seen a lot of products that just have a website for contact.  I should ask my inspector next time around.  Right now I have-
legal busness name
physical address
mailing address
phone number
website

:rolleyes:

Back