• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Grillin' & Chillin' Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
LABOR DAY WEEKEND! So please do your best to chill...

This is the end of summer blast and the 3rd installment of Grillin' & Chillin'!

What is a grill? Any electric, gas, wood, or charcoal-fired outdoor appliance for grilling and/or smoking. This is a loose term, it's all about Grillin' & Chillin', and you can't chill if I'm grillin' ya... hahahahahahahaha I kill me.

You may grill up whatever you want, and you must use the grill for all of your cooking, except for minor prep and sides, but if you can grill those too, great.

This is open to all flesh eaters and plant eaters alike! Some eat both. You too.

FOOD: Not more than 2 main proteins and 2 sides per plate (entry). However you may enter multiple times. I will add coinage to the POL during the weekend for bonus entries. Wooooo!

DRINK: Ah the Chillin'! One thematic drink must accompany the meal with each entry. This includes cocktails, homebrews, and non-alcoholic concoctions that you made. No single-alcohol shots or commercial beers (really?). Be creative and complement the meal.

CLICK: The 5 Rules for an eligible entry
Separate entry posts, title your entries, list all ingredients with measurements where applicable and cooking methods.
PoL: .65
(PoL only needs to be shown ONCE in a pic with all or a majority of the ingredients used, or in a final presentation pic of the main entry, preferably not on the plate.)
PIC ALLOWANCE: 6 per entry

ENDS MONDAY 11:59 PM EDT

BEGIN!

Well now... I guess mine won't fit. The no feast rule knocks me out. I have seven things going right now. Since I spent a $100 plus its great to find that rule out afterward since we have NEVER had that rule before. Oh well, I will eat good anyway. Not pictured here will be Grilled Oysters Rockefeller, Island Shrimp, Wings, Jerk Chicken Tenders, BBQ Chicken Quarters, Baby Back Ribs, and one giant Ribeye.
I'll go back to my Mai Tai now. Carry on.

Really you need me to tell you in advance you can't enter 9 main courses? Combo is actually more than most, 2 main 2 side.

More Mai Tai less Cry Cry :lol:

JayT said:
since we have NEVER had that rule before.

Of course we have, it always states the course and sides. It's worded different. If I didn't put that it still says 2 main 2 side just like other TDs. Go back and look at Mexi-Que or others.

Are you trolling? Seriously how did you expect to enter unlimited food?

When you go to cookouts are there only two kinds of meats? Around here there are a whole bunch of different meats and a whole bunch of different sides. No I am not trolling. Its ok, I will eat good anyway. I am trying to figure out a way I can divide it up proper for different entries. If I can, I will enter, if not I will just eat.

You will work it out. I see you are having a bad day from your status. Sorry to hear about your friends. 

JayT said:
When you go to cookouts are there only two kinds of meats?

Honestly this has nothing to do with TDs you could say that about any TD, there are 100 kinds of ____ can I enter them all? I am not sure why you expected this.

I know you will enter a well composed dish of good eats. You are JayT!
I changed the wording and took out the word Feast and now it looks like every other TD we have had and nothing changed.

The Hot Pepper said:
 However you may enter multiple times. I will add coinage to the POL during the weekend for bonus entries. Wooooo!

I was going to wait but am going to engage this now for JayT especially.

Add a nickel to POL for a second complete entry. :)

*For the record people that bonus was there from the start, I did not change anything, I planned multiple entries upon multiple days, I happened to start this bonus early. Enjoy!

JayT said:
When you go to cookouts are there only two kinds of meats? Around here there are a whole bunch of different meats and a whole bunch of different sides. No I am not trolling. Its ok, I will eat good anyway. I am trying to figure out a way I can divide it up proper for different entries. If I can, I will enter, if not I will just eat.
Cook nine, post 2 of your best looking grilled items. Big deal.

CHEERS!

:drink:

DRINK!
Let me get started on my entry ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441403889.320964.jpg

PoL covered (has been a problem for me before - more than once).

Need to show all (or most of) the ingredients used  for the meal in the pic lol. Or in presentation with plate.

The Hot Pepper said:
(PoL only needs to be shown ONCE in a pic with all or a majority of the ingredients used, or in a final presentation pic of the main entry, preferably not on the plate.)

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

I haz to barbecue and drink booze?

And take pictures of it?

And share it with you guys?

coolio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back