• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Question please

I know I'm always after a laugh, but this is serious.

I'm thinking of growing the Peter pepper. Is it just a novelty or is it worthy?

Heat?

Taste?

Insight please.

Thanks

Rymerpt said:
I know I'm always after a laugh, but this is serious.
I'm thinking of growing the Peter pepper. Is it just a novelty or is it worthy?
Heat?
Taste?
Insight please.
Thanks
When I pick tomorrow, if I have any ripe I will send you a SFRB with them and some others. That way you try 'em.

I like them for dipping because they are long and have lots of texture.  They are also fun for filling.  If you do not like seeds, you probably wont like them whole because they have a lot, but they de seed easy, not much placenta holding in the seeds.  They are great for making poppers.  Fill from the back instead of slicing open sideways.  Cut slit in tip.  Then serve to unsuspecting friends by pinching the back, squeezing and watching the melted cheese squirt out the tip.

tctenten said:
When I pick tomorrow, if I have any ripe I will send you a SFRB with them and some others. That way you try 'em.
I actually bought some seeds as a joke for next year. Can you compare the flavor and heat with a jalapeño ? Thx

SavinaRed said:
I actually bought some seeds as a joke for next year. Can you compare the flavor and heat with a jalapeño ? Thx
I have not tried them raw yet. I have one plant and it has been one of my least productive. I have only had a handful of ripe ones so far. I grew them as a goof, but eventually will get around to trying one.

ajdrew said:
I like them for dipping because they are long and have lots of texture.  They are also fun for filling.  If you do not like seeds, you probably wont like them whole because they have a lot, but they de seed easy, not much placenta holding in the seeds.  They are great for making poppers.  Fill from the back instead of slicing open sideways.  Cut slit in tip.  Then serve to unsuspecting friends by pinching the back, squeezing and watching the melted cheese squirt out the tip.
lol , had a comment but i must refrain from that response A.J.!      :rofl:

I have a Vietnamese neighbor ,his garden is on the other side of the fence from mine

He likes peppers,,but I had such a great time with the peter peppers,,every time I would walk toward him with one he would back away  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:
I did this multiple times,,and every time he damn near ran from me,,like I had a poisonous snake in my hand  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

They dont taste good but are really fun to grow

Kevin

wayright said:
I have a Vietnamese neighbor ,his garden is on the other side of the fence from mine

He likes peppers,,but I had such a great time with the peter peppers,,every time I would walk toward him with one he would back away  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:
I did this multiple times,,and every time he damn near ran from me,,like I had a poisonous snake in my hand  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

They dont taste good but are really fun to grow

Kevin
:rofl:

F'n hilarious 

:cheers:     :high:

Back